meanach

Enjoying using the newly re equipped class 20. So much louder with the Zimo speaker . Seen here in an old school west highland combo of tractor and bomb / chopper / whistling wardrobe !

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Class 20 , 20114 arrives for Meanach yard with some empty OCA, OTA & SPA wagons. Pressed into service no doubt to cover for OTA wagons .

Fitted with a Zimo 644 chip , Nose mounted speaker and stay alive super cap. Digitrains most recent sound files.

Long term stored 20205 is currently undergoing the same treatment but with Legomanbiffo sound. Plus A.N Other disc fitted B.R blue one. The identity of which, I’ve yet to decide. Finding photos of West highland 20s in 88 isn’t easy ! It may have to be one from around 87.

• Friendly/supportive 1

37407 opens up as it slips slightly on greasy rails. Seen departing towards the direction of the West highland line.

Fitted with a Digitrains Zimo sound chip and a Zimo double dumbo in the fuel tanks . I really can’t recall who’s sound file this was from Digitrains. It’s great fun though ! 407 is actually the oldest member of the fleet at 9 1/2 years , pre dating the layout. Weathered by TMC way before I dare arrack anything with an air brush . They certainly don’t seem to do them as well as this anymore !

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

What a glorious racket ! That’s one of the best 37 sounds I’ve heard

Yeh I bought another one for 420 on the strength of this but it sounds all hissy and quite poor . I think I need to take 407 along to a show and ask them what version is installed on 407. I know it has an option of ‘thrash’ sound or more regular response accessed by setting a c.v . Ian

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the kind messages . After a few months hiatus due to personal reasons , the mag got me in the mood to get up in the loft and simply enjoy playing trains . 37408 is seen heading over the river and 411 catching the last of the (natural) late afternoon winter light as it drops off the gradient .

A couple of the excellent new Bachmann Mk2 F have been purchased . An I.C BSO and a blue / grey TSO , both DCC. The latter will go in an odd ball rake that knocked around on the Mallaig line in late 87. The BSO is to form part of a sleeper rake in anticipation of oxford rails MK3 sleeper release... when they finally get here ! Just have to populate and weather them both next . 

C7CD90CE-90EE-4F1B-9DB5-72F75DD8A494.jpeg

165FA753-EE8F-4F2D-B29C-E325FFB37F4F.jpeg

Edited by meanach
Typing error
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

6 hours ago, Max Legroom said:

Really enjoyed the Model Rail article. Did you make the tall pine trees? They look really good.

Max

Hi , thanks . If you mean the Scots pine ? No , they are from the model tree shop who regularly attend exhibitions . The firs are from Anita decor . The other trees are sea moss or twigs I’ve used to make the more  generic trees . 

• 2 weeks later...

37408 arrives with a service from Fort William while 401 awaits the single line token north. 

26035 is seen heading east . 

Just picked up another RF 26 for a bargain price . Now to see if I can get the lights working before I replace the rad fan and re glaze and weather it. Lovely runners though . 

82199C79-4816-4C0C-8E52-8669E8B63199.jpeg

600B0C33-4DE4-4083-9D40-208BFE6F4474.jpeg

4AE17ED2-00B1-4387-B5D1-6903795108F6.jpeg

DAE5ABC3-CD3C-43A4-B235-3E2BCEFB7351.jpeg

Edited by meanach
Missing images
  • Like 12

Just purchased some of the new Rail Exclusive speakers to try in the 37s . I’ve only just finished replacing the DCC supplies speakers with Zimo double dumbo (pictured right) Doh! 

I shall report back in due course if the growl is any deeper !

0CF4F6AB-B071-4DDB-84AA-812418034428.jpeg

Lovely work on the Grampus and 37418. I actually have a 37418 myself and was wondering if the Inverness based 37/4s ever strayed onto the west highland line at all. 

Cheers Peter.

On 22/03/2019 at 11:06, P.C.M said:

Lovely work on the Grampus and 37418. I actually have a 37418 myself and was wondering if the Inverness based 37/4s ever strayed onto the west highland line at all. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi . Most of the Inverness 4s and some 0’s worked on the west highland at some point . Mostly in their early days in 86. The Eastfield tractors definitely worked the highland main line in the late 80s. Stuff like Glasgow - Perth . 

Meanach is based on a line which joins the highland main line to the west highland . A line actually proposed but never built . My rational is that Inverness  37s would have definitely worked over then. 

• Like 2