Take an inspirational break with Model Rail.

dibber25

I love GWR because...just because. But I'd be more compelled by SR (and, yes, that's not just saying).

But I know there'll be a lot of takers on this. So have fun!

Edited by truffy

I love GWR because...just because. But I'd be more compelled by SR (and, yes, that's not just saying).

But I know there'll be a lot of takers on this. So have fun!

If it proves popular we'll be looking to do more, and in different areas. I'm looking forward to doing my talk on the first evening - should be fun! (CJL)

• 4 weeks later...

I did an on-line questionnaire yesterday that featured this 'break' amongst other things. Although happy to do the survey, it seemed over long to put it mildly. There is also an inherent bias in such surveys too, as there are a number in our hobby -nobody knows how many lets face it- that do not or will not use email in any shape or form. This reflects the age distribution in the hobby possibly.

I did an on-line questionnaire yesterday that featured this 'break' amongst other things. Although happy to do the survey, it seemed over long to put it mildly. There is also an inherent bias in such surveys too, as there are a number in our hobby -nobody knows how many lets face it- that do not or will not use email in any shape or form. This reflects the age distribution in the hobby possibly.

It's one of the many problems with surveys - you only reach a certain group of people. In a way it's preaching to the converted, as you only get completed surveys from people who want to complete the survey - usually because they buy your product regularly. The people you want to reach are those who never buy your product, in order to ask them why. Nevertheless, surveys are useful to confirm whether or not one is thinking and planning on the right lines. Thank you for completing it. (CJL)

It's one of the many problems with surveys - you only reach a certain group of people. In a way it's preaching to the converted, as you only get completed surveys from people who want to complete the survey - usually because they buy your product regularly. The people you want to reach are those who never buy your product, in order to ask them why. Nevertheless, surveys are useful to confirm whether or not one is thinking and planning on the right lines. Thank you for completing it. (CJL)

Also the survey only let me pick ONE option for the 16xx tank...would buy 2 or 3 really!

Survey says Did I read February edition answer =no. Then three pages asking what I thought of the edition!! wonder what the reply was   :no:  :no:  :jester:  :jester: 

Loco survey yet more SR and GWR tanks mainly, which have been done to death . What wrong with LNER area? or LMS ?

Survey says Did I read February edition answer =no. Then three pages asking what I thought of the edition!! wonder what the reply was   :no:  :no:  :jester:  :jester:

Loco survey yet more SR and GWR tanks mainly, which have been done to death . What wrong with LNER area? or LMS ?

The Sentinel has been offered in LNER and LMS liveries and the J70 is LNER. The 'USA' was Southern, so actually it's the GWR that Model Rail hasn't yet done an exclusive for. (CJL)