2018 Rep Limited Editions

girlinb

Rail Express has stated that a further round of Rep Limited editions are due at some point and this time the focus will be on 37's - Anyone heard anything more?

A full set of info hasn't been released yet so there's not much to add, understand some will be refurbs though.

Edited by Simon Bendall

• RMweb Gold

Wish list time !!!!

37430 Cwmbran, Mainline livery with silver double arrows on the cab ends.

37688 Great Rocks, Construction livery

37350 Green as before preservation, after replacing D200 in 1988/45106 In 1989

D6999 BR green yellow ends, 1970s style.

Please not the Police one..

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Rail Express has stated that a further round of Rep Limited editions are due at some point and this time the focus will be on 37's - Anyone heard anything more?

One of my local shops has said that he's expecting his supply of DRS 47s soon. And he's virtually pre-sold all of his order from Bachmann.

Cheers,

Mick

I'm not surprised, I think its a really good idea having the rep limited editions and some more variety with Class 37 liveries will be great!! I thought the 2018 catalogue releases for D+E looked a little bare and there must be more to come either as retailer commissions or like this

• RMweb Premium

Already some requests for more 37s. . . . . . . .don't forget that 37114 Dunrobin Castle with large logo is still available to order.

Details here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/122274-mickleover-mrg-announce-exclusive-Bachmann-class-37-at-derby-show/

So far our next loco hasn't been mentioned in this topic (but may be on another 'wish-list' elsewhere) and even if it had been requested, I wouldn't be able to tell you . . . . . . .

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thank you very much for posting this. I wasn't aware. 

Have you read this in the Rail Express magazine? I have just looked on the Rail Express website under the news and modeller sections and I can't find anything about it. 

Wish list time !!!!

Please not the Police one..

You might be dissappointed, I have it on good authority that there will be:

37093 - Police no light

37093 - Police with Blue flashing light (DCC Ready)

37093 - Police with Blue flashing light (DCC Fitted)

37093 - Police with Blue flashing light (DCC Sound)

37093 - Police "Paint won't wash off" special edition - Includes 3 x figures - 1 x Man with brush, 1 x Man with hose + 1 x Stratford Depot manager on the phone to paint supplier.

37093 - Police no light

37093 - Police "Paint won't wash off" special edition - Includes 3 x figures - 1 x Man with brush, 1 x Man with hose + 1 x Stratford Depot manager on the phone to paint supplier.

I don’t want that class 37 police no thanks and I rather class 37688

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

37093 - Police no light

Wot !!!!

You mean they missed out the most desirable version of them all...

37093 with copper hanging out of the window gesturing the HST driver to pull over... in DCC sound..featuring the Horn Siren..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN7naLLeB0A

Still please Noooo, don’t make it.

If there was a list of all time worst liveries, the prize must go to :

1960’s: 41101 ‘Andy Capp’

1970’s : 73 in wrap around yellow ends, blue roof

1980’s : 37093 Police

1990’s : 47803 in Infrastructure yellow. (Merseyrail 73/9s a close second).

2000’s : Silverlink purple/green/yellow

2010’s : the books still open, but this surely is a contender..

http://www.railtechnologymagazine.com/write/MediaUploads/West_Midlands_train.png

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

We were told last year what our (Wales and West Midlands) 2018 rep special edition would be but then the item appeared in the 2018 catalogue range! When I quesitoned this at the recent showcase event, I was told that they will be done (albeit a different item to the one I was told it would be) and a further announcement will be made in due course. :) Unfortunately I know nothing more than this. 

Edited by Derails Models

Just a suggestion instead of endless and pointless frothing and wishing any not contact or visit your local shop and make a suggestion to them about a particular model and they can then speak to others to see if there 8s enough interest and we already know that both Hornby and Bachmann are up for doing limited Short runs and then wishing and frothing can maybe become reality

• RMweb Gold

Just a suggestion instead of endless and pointless frothing and wishing any not contact or visit your local shop and make a suggestion to them about a particular model and they can then speak to others to see if there 8s enough interest and we already know that both Hornby and Bachmann are up for doing limited Short runs and then wishing and frothing can maybe become reality

No point.

If the rep editions are being made in 2018, the decision has already been made.

besides shops usually have their own agenda's too. If you have a suggestion, best thing is make it directly to the manufacturer, and hope enough other people do the same, and that enough awareness is generated that the management listen.. then balance it against all the other priorities, and the budget, and the roadmap and maybe just maybe.. it'll make the cut in 2019 or 2020.

Otherwise pony up £35-40k and commission it yourself as a run of 350, but again It won't hit the shelves until 2019/2020.

Meanwhile there's froth.

Edited by adb968008

No point.

If the rep editions are being made in 2018, the decision has already been made.

besides shops usually have their own agenda's too. If you have a suggestion, best thing is make it directly to the manufacturer, and hope enough other people do the same, and that enough awareness is generated that the management listen.. then balance it against all the other priorities, and the budget, and the roadmap and maybe just maybe.. it'll make the cut in 2019 or 2020.

Otherwise pony up £35-40k and commission it yourself as a run of 350, but again It won't hit the shelves until 2019/2020.

Meanwhile there's froth.

i was not even thinking of this year I fully appreciate their is a relatively long lead time to production and actual delivery