Applying a 2nd coat of scenic material - advice welcome

Hi all, have you ever "hoovered" up your flock/scenic material, only to find bare patches where you don't want them?

I have recently laid a load of both fine and course "scatter" material and am left with gaps too small and numeroys to really brush pva into but too big to ignore. I would like to lay a 2nd layer and had considered overspraying the lot with a dilute pva mix but my concern is that this may spoil what is already stuck.

I would welcome your thoughts and experiences please.

I haven't seen the extent of the problem you describe but, if you take your time and do a smallish area at a time, I would suggest dabbing PVA on to the gaps with a brush, leaving the good areas untouched.  Then sprinkle/place the new scenic material over the affected area (perhaps pressing it down with a finger) and leave to dry for a day or two.  Provided you are not using too powerful a vacuum cleaner, the material shouldn't come up again if the glue is perfectly dry.  There may be some trial and error with the degree of dilution of the PVA - more dilution for finer scenics.  It won't matter if the new material spills over some of the original material as long as it is not coated with glue.

Harold.