DCC Supplies

NeilHB

• RMweb Gold

Hi All,

Does anyone know if DCC Supplies (https://www.dccsupplies.com) are still in business please? I’ve tried unsuccessfully to get on their website this afternoon, but it keeps timing out and I get a message saying the server has stopped responding. It’s a bit of a shame, as they are the only ones I’ve found that sell spares for Dapol’s 7mm scale Terrier!

I’m after a few parts, as I’m in the middle of making a couple of modifications to my second Terrier, but haven’t as yet found anyone who sells the spare parts.

I was under the impression that they were the official repairers for Dapol?

• RMweb Premium

I sent a order to them recently over the new year period and my goods arrived two days later.

I do wish some members would not jump to conclusions because they don’t get a immediate response.

There could be many reasons both technically or staffing issues that could have caused this issue.

And as Andy has said it was Sunday

Eltel

• RMweb Gold

There's a message on the site, posted today, stating that they are having domain server issues.

The message on the site and a screenshot of the message, if you can't access the site.

I guess the problem may only be affecting some ISPs and not others, I'm on Virginmedia and the site is working for me.

Edited by Wellyboots

• RMweb Gold

There's a message on the site, posted today, stating that they are having domain server issues.

The message on the site and a screenshot of the message, if you can't access the site.

I guess the problem may only be affecting some ISPs and not others, I'm on Virginmedia and the site is working for me.

Thank you Wellyboots - still no joy for me today (having now tried iPhone, iPad and PC at work this morning...) - least it's not just me and they are aware of the problems.

Hello. well I have been having difficulties in contacting and receiving paid for goods since November 2017. 

I managed to get through to Fiona this afternoon and was given various reasons ranging from sickness to staff shortages and Royal mail problems, she did sound very rough with flu like symptom's. .

She has promised me an update shortly but as I live quite local I will visit them tomorrow to check out the business.

I also have spoken with some of their main suppliers who talk about them "DCC" having a big backlog of telephone calls to clear and are difficult to get hold of.   Not sure what to make of that but I'll know more after my visit tomorrow.

Hopefully all will be well.

Edited by Barnaby

Hello,

Sounds like very similar issues to what I exprienced, I waited 9 months for my order to be completed. Was given many different explanations as to the delays and the only reason I stuck with it was the price of the items was so good. Unfortunately I won't be dealing with again because of this and it sounds like this was not an isolated incident. Yes I'm aware of poor Fiona's health issues but surely someone else can step into her shoes whilst she's poorly, it must be affecting how customers perceive things and I would not be surprised if it has had a detrimental effect on the business.

But do hope Fiona recovers to full health soon.

Andy

Well I did visit but they weren't open at my visit time with them opening later at 12pm that day.

I did make telephone contact later the same day and to cut to the chase it was posted out but again Royal Mai; said it had gone missing.  Fiona has reordered another one and I've agreed with her that I will call into the shop and pick it up myself early next week.

I can then relay it onto my loco builder for installation and loco completion.

Best

Happy to report that on my next visit to their shop, earlier this week, it was open with a large A-board outside with offers on.  I collected the long awaited sound chip and speaker for my class 20 diesel.

All well and good and the phone pick up has improved too, sadly Fiona still sounds awful with the flu symptoms, get well soon Fiona.

Best