Hi there! I have been modeling for 4 years now and would like a new challenge - modeling a prototype. Now so far my occasional research searches on google haven't shown anything up yet but I would like to model something Scottish/ north eastern region in the late 50s with diesels and steam. The location is purely because of my current collection of stock. The layout would have to be 4 foot by roughly 1 foot (that dimension is more adjustable) and standard gauge in oo gauge. I operate on a very small budget so preferably a layout without much point work (3 scenic points at tops but 2 is my preference). Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I have been modeling for 4 years now and would like a new challenge - modeling a prototype. Now so far my occasional research searches on google haven't shown anything up yet but I would like to model something Scottish/ north eastern region in the late 50s with diesels and steam. The location is purely because of my current collection of stock. The layout would have to be 4 foot by roughly 1 foot (that dimension is more adjustable) and standard gauge in oo gauge. I operate on a very small budget so preferably a layout without much point work (3 scenic points at tops but 2 is my preference). Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. :)

Sandsend!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Let us know when you do?

I will do. At the moment I am looking into small dockside railways but that could easily be changed. I just don't have much room or money to afford a large layout so I'm thinking of a scenic section no larger than 4 foot. The docksides seem to have quite compact shunting abilities which is one of the reasons why they appeal.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...