Bachmann retooled 40 suitable for D200/40122

Taigatrommel

Hi all,

With the Bachmann wesbite currently under a redesign, I haven't managed to find what I'm looking for there!  I'd like to model D200/40122 as per her 1983 relaunch, and I'm trying to find a suitable green Bachmann 40 amongst the retooled (post 2014?) examples.  So far the closest I've seen is D211 (32-480DS) which is a named one - I'm happy painting the yellow ends and renumbering, but I'm not sure how well the nameplate printing can be removed for a loco I'd be modelling in a clean condition.  If anyone could point me to a suitable disc ended class 40 model in green for this project, I'd be very grateful.  If D211 is the best bet, I'd welcome confirmation of that!

Thanks

Rich

• RMweb Gold

I'd hold my breathe for now.

There's a new disc head 40 code in the catalog, and a ton of events for class 40s this year (1958 introduction, 1988 withdrawal), big gathering of class 40's at Bury, 40013 returning to the mainline..

With NRM's interest in creating models of their locomotives, the CFPS prior form for commissioning limited editions and the list of events, I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a 40106 and/or a D200 this year via any of the above, if not, maybe even a Collectors Club edition.

If not, then it's an opportunity missed.

Failing all else there is this one coming out this year.. it's all over green, unnamed... wish they had done half yellow ends but hey ho.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/337565/Bachmann_Branchline_32_480_Class_40_D248_in_BR_green_with_no_yellow_ends/StockDetail.aspx

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1