Sales Rep/Collectors Club Limited Editions

Ed-farms

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy the Bachmann Sales Rep editions/collectors club models if they made them in N Gauge

• Yes
    • Yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The collectors club models seem to be hit and miss.  One of the hits must be the Mk1 VSOE BCK.  Sold out from the collectors club, and now fetching up to £70 on that auction site. 

Is the key to produce a model which complements others that are available?

I'd love to see a ltd edition 47 475 in Provincial with matching MK2s and Mk1 BG, but not sure how much it's appeal would be (but I have suggested this to Hattons).

However compare with the Dapol Scotrail Mk3s commissioned by C&M on the back of an announced 47 and DBSO, they sold out pretty quickly if I remember.  But again another example of complementary models.

I think in N gauge it either needs to be a relatively cheap stand alone wagon, e.g. Exhibition van, Satlink etc, or something which allows a complete train to for modelled.

But that's just my opinion! 

• Like 1

I would absolutely love 47475 with a rake of Trans-Pennine stock. I suggested the stock (at least) to C&M models a couple of years ago.

My feeling though is that Farish are far more likely to produce RR MK2s only, which would require a partial respray and rebranding to Trans-Pennine.

A limited run including 47475 would be superb.

Edited by 47475

• RMweb Gold

I'd suggested to hattons a twin pack of FK and BG, then the TSOs available as individuals (plus the 47 of course)

Artwork for the MK2s and 47 have already been done for the OO ltd edition.

You never know, Bachmannn seem to be happy to produce less mainstream liveries on their Farish MK1s (Forthcoming Sealink for example).

The collectors club models seem to be hit and miss.  One of the hits must be the Mk1 VSOE BCK.  Sold out from the collectors club, and now fetching up to £70 on that auction site. 

Is the key to produce a model which complements others that are available?

I'd love to see a ltd edition 47 475 in Provincial with matching MK2s and Mk1 BG, but not sure how much it's appeal would be (but I have suggested this to Hattons).

However compare with the Dapol Scotrail Mk3s commissioned by C&M on the back of an announced 47 and DBSO, they sold out pretty quickly if I remember.  But again another example of complementary models.

I think in N gauge it either needs to be a relatively cheap stand alone wagon, e.g. Exhibition van, Satlink etc, or something which allows a complete train to for modelled.

But that's just my opinion! 

I'd love to buy a pair of the Pullman Mark 1 BCKs. They're not right for the Metro-Cammell set of Farish Pullmans in steam days, but, in the absence of a decent alternative, I'm prepared to compromise. I wonder whether Farish might reintroduce them?

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I'd love to buy a pair of the Pullman Mark 1 BCKs. They're not right for the Metro-Cammell set of Farish Pullmans in steam days, but, in the absence of a decent alternative, I'm prepared to compromise. I wonder whether Farish might reintroduce them?

Don't you mean the K-type brakes that ran with the Mark 1 Pullmans from 1960? I think they'd make a good choice for Farish, as earlier trains could be represented if they did the other K-types too.

• Like 1

Don't you mean the K-type brakes that ran with the Mark 1 Pullmans from 1960? I think they'd make a good choice for Farish, as earlier trains could be represented if they did the other K-types too.

No, I didn't mean those - they'd be perfect, but I'm not optimistic that Farish will produce them (if only!).

No, I'd set my sights a little lower - I've got a six car Metro Cammell rake for the Tees Tyne Pullman, Head Board for the A4 at the front and no BSKs.

I realise the Mark 1 BCKs are from preservation days, but they'd be some sort of compromise to make the rake up to 8.

I vote for the Type Ks every poll!

Regards,

Roy