NEW SWISS MODELLING MAGAZINE

swisspeat

At Nuremberg Toy Fair 2018 a new magazine of interest to members of this page was launched entitled Modellbahn Schweiz. The magazine is intended to appeal to enthusiasts of the Swiss railway system and its models throughout the world, not just in Switzerland.

A free preview 32 page copy of the magazine indicates that the content will be varied and a copy of the first magazine (number 0) is available for free download at the website. The editor Stephan Kraus (who has built many of the Bemo show layouts) says that he already has sufficient material of good quality layouts for the next 5 issues in stock which is very impressive for a new magazine. I found that the paper quality and picture reproduction is very good indeed.

The magazine website is www.modellbahn-schweiz.de and is definitely worth a look because it will feature new items and for example when I looked at the website there was a video with sound of the N scale Fleischmann Swiss Rail Traffic Traxx locomotive. I was sure it was an HO scale locomotive until I read the text! Jolly good it looked, and sounded.

I need to say that I did supply a two page article for this launch issue on a voluntary basis. I hope that readers forgive me therefore for making the post but I felt the opportunity of a free download of the preview issue for readers too good to pass by. My only involvement is to have supplied one article.

I hope someone finds the magazine and website of value to them.

Kind regards,

Peter

post-11449-0-35392200-1517671248_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I wonder, given the existing mania for anything Swiss railway-related (and the automatic expense), whether this new publication might just be preaching to the converted? (....he wrote, looking at a tiny BEMO model of a G4/5 bearing a price tag of £320+)

Sounds an interesting publication, I wish them well.

Yes, Swiss stuff is expensive but then, the Swiss standard of living is much higher than in the UK. Everyone admits that they would love Hornby et al to manufacture in the UK, yet no-one would be prepared to pay the associated costs, yet the Swiss (with their higher wages) manage to do it.

No good being "tight" if you demand high quality.

John.

• Like 1

Sounds an interesting publication, I wish them well.

Yes, Swiss stuff is expensive but then, the Swiss standard of living is much higher than in the UK. Everyone admits that they would love Hornby et al to manufacture in the UK, yet no-one would be prepared to pay the associated costs, yet the Swiss (with their higher wages) manage to do it.

No good being "tight" if you demand high quality.

John.

If the new magazine is a bit more 'excitingly' laid out than other magazines it could do well.

...no-one would be prepared to pay the associated costs, yet the Swiss (with their higher wages) manage to do it....

They do occasionally come a cropper, though. FISI AG, which did a lot of the moulding work for STL Models coaches, went bust not long ago.