160 replies to this topic

#151 WIMorrison

WIMorrison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Locationnr Alton, Hants

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:02

just confirm that you are choosing the programming track option in the app and also that the z21 light changes from blue to green when you are trying to programme a loco?

can you read cv1 when you place the loco on the programming track?

I am certain the issue is not with the z21 per se.

#152 posneg6

posneg6

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:18

YEs thats exactly what I'm doing. Now its reading and I found two lococ with the same cv#1 SO Ill go and check all the cv#1 to make sure I am not confusing it .
I feel like I am making progres thanks

#153 WIMorrison

WIMorrison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:12

Hasd anayone got th POM function to work on the app?

I can read and write CVs on the track using railcom when I use the manual option, but when I try the POM option all i ever get is loco not found, even when I can read the same loco using the manual option!

#154 WIMorrison

WIMorrison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 17:51

I had an answer back from Roco in this and it is that the POM option only works for Zimo chips and that for all others you need to use the manual option to read/write CVs on main :(

I do have a Zimo chipped loco and I find that the POM option allows you to set a custom speed curve very easily - even more easily than DecoderPro and that is pretty easy :)

#155 M Graff

M Graff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 July 2018 - 15:08

I had an answer back from Roco in this and it is that the POM option only works for Zimo chips and that for all others you need to use the manual option to read/write CVs on main :(

I do have a Zimo chipped loco and I find that the POM option allows you to set a custom speed curve very easily - even more easily than DecoderPro and that is pretty easy :)

So, they made the POM proprietary after all.....

ZIMO is Roco after all as they use ZIMO decoders.

• Like x 1

#156 GR1947

GR1947

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationTelford

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:41

Hello
Can anyone tell me how to export my settings on the new z21 app as I've looked everywhere and can't find it.
Thanks.

#157 WIMorrison

WIMorrison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:43

layout, select layout, scroll to bottom of screen, export

#158 GR1947

GR1947

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationTelford

Posted 25 July 2018 - 13:07

I think its not as straightforward as that as it does not show you have to hold down button then pop up menu appears. Are you talking of old app?

#159 WIMorrison

WIMorrison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 14:27

You must be looking a different app, it is as I suggested - 3 button presses and you can then export via email or Wi-Fi - couldn’t really be much simpler

#160 GR1947

GR1947

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationTelford

Posted 25 July 2018 - 19:47

Just for everyone else here is the reply for new z21 app.

thank you for your email-question! For the import
- store the layout-appendix of an email on the SD card
- elect "layouts" and "+"
- elect "Import from SD Card"

For the export
- elect "layouts" and make a long touch on the relevant layout
- a push-up menue appears
- scroll up to the end with the touch-button "export"

Kind regards

#161 Y_Rail

Y_Rail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:25

I finally got my Z21 new DCC station (terrific system i must say!!!!)! I tried both the old version of the app as well as the new one.

While some features are better in the new version, i miss having the option to test the function buttons before choosing icons etc... when setting up a new loco.

CV programming seems better (as in easier) in the new app, where it provides a description of what each CV does (old version did not do this if i am not mistaken).

POM does not work for me in any app version (old or new) given the digitrax/Bachmann decoders i have. Programming track works fine though.

I prefer the discrete notches/bars (like speed-steps) on the old-app throttle vs the continuous color throttle when setting up the speed of the loco (i hope i am making sense with this). I think i can adjust speed better when using the old style throttle (or at least it seems easier way to me).

All in all it is a nice progress, as seen from the perspective of someone who has used both apps for the same amount of time. Looking forward to spend more time with the new Z21 and check out more of the features/differences across the two versions of the app.

• Like x 2