A FEW SNIPPETS OF NUREMBERG 2018

swisspeat

I spent 6 hours at the Toy Fair last Wednesday. For years model railways have been in Hall 4A but next year they are to be moved to Hall 7 with diecasts and construction kits. Not everyone is happy with this!

It was interesting to see Bemo narrow gauge rolling stock running on HO scale track. Does not look quite right!

Faller's container crane looked impressive.

Liliput is introducing new N scale models not based on products in their HO range for the first time I think.

The Reitze trams looked jolly nice.

Encouraging to see a new modelling magazine from www.modellbahn-schweiz.de launced at the show

Sadly most of the new items announcements had been made before the show so some of the excitement of visiting the Toy Fair has been lost.

UK support in Hall 4 was Bachmann, Hornby and Peco as the main contenders.

Peter

post-11449-0-82909600-1517752513_thumb.jpg

post-11449-0-72535300-1517752532_thumb.jpg

post-11449-0-08819700-1517752541_thumb.jpg

post-11449-0-14473400-1517752549_thumb.jpg

post-11449-0-52514100-1517752561_thumb.jpg

post-11449-0-66539800-1517752577.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Peter,

I hope you don't mind me adding this here, it's not a catalogue but an interesting video from Dr Rene Wilfer, the boss of Piko speaking in English!

I think he is an amazing ambassador for this hobby, his enthusiasm is infectious, truly a railway 'nut'!

Cheers,

John.

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

I hope you don't mind me adding this here, it's not a catalogue but an interesting video from Dr Rene Wilfer, the boss of Piko speaking in English!

I think he is an amazing ambassador for this hobby, his enthusiasm is infectious, truly a railway 'nut'!

Cheers,

John.

Sorry to be going further OT but following on; a very interesting report (in German) on PIKO and interview with Rene Wilfer at the PIKO open day in 2017:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Piko have really impressed me, they're making some excellent models at very attractive prices and have found their own niche providing a product which is sufficiently detailed and well finished to satisfy modellers at the same time as under cutting rivals like Roco. I would like to see some OO manufacturers spend a few days with Rene Wilfer to get some inspiration.

• 3 weeks later...