Eisenbahn Romantik

rodent279

• RMweb Gold

Evening.

How far back do episodes of Eisenbahn Romantik go online? There's about 28 pages of past episodes on the ARD Mediathek site, but the dates are all fairly recent, and seem to be on consecutive days.

I'm looking for an episode featuring a steam hauled DR postal train from Berlin to Dresden, or possibly Karl-Marx Stadt, in about 1980. Pretty sure it's hauled by either an 01 or an 03. It was on YouTube, but I can't find it on the ER channel there. Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers N

Edited by rodent279

• 1 year later...

Every few weeks they even seem to be adding into the list programmes from say 10 or so years ago

I tend to watch them on the TV using a Chromecast.

If you search on the channel for 200 jahr you will find the 200 Years of Steam at Middleton Railway from 2012, it's  strange seeing friends dubbed into German.

• 6 months later...

Apologies for the delay, but I've only just joined RMWeb.

If you're still interested, the film I believe you're after is

"Die Dampflokzeit" , available as DVD/Blueray from Joachim Schmidt's Rio Grande catalogue.

It was filmed in DDR immediately after "the Wende", with all the old infrastructure, and features 03 001, 38 205, 38 1182 and others.

There is also a more modern DVD featuring 23 105, called "Und ab Geht die Post", also from Rio Grande.

Dick

My Steam Safaris (Germany/Austria)

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Geierstürzflug said:

Apologies for the delay, but I've only just joined RMWeb.

If you're still interested, the film I believe you're after is

"Die Dampflokzeit" , available as DVD/Blueray from Joachim Schmidt's Rio Grande catalogue.

It was filmed in DDR immediately after "the Wende", with all the old infrastructure, and features 03 001, 38 205, 38 1182 and others.

There is also a more modern DVD featuring 23 105, called "Und ab Geht die Post", also from Rio Grande.

Dick

My Steam Safaris (Germany/Austria)

I think that's the one, I had in my head that it was filmed in the 1980's, but I guess it could have been just after unification. I'll look it up, thanks.