LBSC / SR overall hipped rooves and canopies

Albert Bridge

Hi All

Does anyone have any decent photos of the truss work of ex London, Brighton and South Coast Railway overall rooves, the hipped variety in particular. I believe that part of the Brighton side at Victoria still exists and the concourse area of Bognor is still extant, any other location(s)? I have been asked if I could cut some trusses on my Cameo, but I am unsure how they were assembled and being down in Devon, I can't nip down the road and take some photos for my self.

Many thanks for any assistance.

• 3 weeks later...

Lewes might be worth a day trip - it's not an overall roof as such ( not across the tracks ) but a sizeable structure in the vee of the junction.

Thanks for that, I hadn't considered that Lewes had hipped rooves. Still the same problem for me though. A good excuse to kill two birds with one stone and sink a couple of pints of Harveys, but that will have too wait until I can get back to that end of the country.

• Like 1

Not sure if this will help but it's the only photo I can find showing any roof detail on the Central Side of Victoria, taken on 19th March 1988.

attachicon.gifF53.32R PUB Victoria 19.03.88 - 73202 on 1045 to Gatwick Apt also construction work on site of Plat 16 & 17 copy.jpg

That's a start, I just need the hipped part now and I can make a start. It looks like this was when they started to dismatle the roof to put up the concrete carbuncle.

Thanks for that, I hadn't considered that Lewes had hipped rooves. Still the same problem for me though. A good excuse to kill two birds with one stone and sink a couple of pints of Harveys, but that will have too wait until I can get back to that end of the country.

You'd better hurry up - I don't know how much longer they'll be serving the 'Old' this winter ..............