Another Challenge ?

bgman

• RMweb Premium

What do these media folks think they're playing at? Anything televised 'distorts' people's impression of something. For example,  (1) all these spy films neglect to show the more mundane tasks and jobs, such as paperwork. Equally, competitions such as Masterchef genuinely fail to be an accurate representation of what cooking is about. Most of these shows have 'rounds', 'sudden death', 'time limits' and 'points' which are simply non-existent in the model world, unless you've set up a deadline yourself. In short, it raises the wrong kind of awareness.

And how do you define talented? Layouts come in many different shapes and sizes. The Sherwood Section was a great example of an 'operator's railway', whilst something like 'The Summit' might me renowned for good scenery. It's possible to have a 20' x 8' layout with just plain track at the front, with a scratchbuilt viaduct, and just a couple of loops in the fiddle yard. Equally, a 'great layout' could be filled to the brim with sidings, loops etc. (2) How will they judge it?

1. Are you in the KGB as well; what's your 'name'. Mine is Boriss Johnsoiskin.

2. There wil be a Referendum. The result is already formulated.

Iva Putinn (Retired).

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I thought about it but then the brain kicked into gear. If I wasn't keeping the wife on side, running a model making business, building a Cameo layout, finishing another layout for Bristol and Warley (NEC) shows and having dealings with the last lot I might have considered it.

Marc 

Far too qualified Mr Wagon. You must be able to open boxes with ease and do commentaries on the same.

Mr. Shifter. 

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Had a look at their website, interesting but very slow where I was viewing it from. Claims to be a charitable organization but owns some zany shows.

It would be interesting to know more about the show's format and the timescales to complete each challenge. Cooking shows like Masterchef only take a condensed few hours.

I don't recall ever watching anything they have produced but as mentioned above, they operate as a non-profit making organisation and donate to a number of charities. Claim to be the leading documentary producer based on hours of programmes (not quality of production or content!). Also voted the best TV company to work for - probably because they share the profits with staff !

See here https://www.knickerbockerglory.tv/about