Coreless Motors

WIMorrison

There is a chap selling coreless motors on eBay for the Roco tank locos and I wondered if anyone has tried the conversion to a coreless motor? I am finding that some of ROco are a bit unreliable and I wonder if this would help?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coreless-motor-conversion-kit-for-Roco-H0e-steam-train-33201-4100-33240-etc/282847112604?hash=item41db006d9c:g:4loAAOSw9qJaZKEm

Edited by WIMorrison

I have  many  ROCO  H0e  locos, some  are  years  old  never  had  any  problems  with motors,  which locos  specifically  are  hou  experiencing  problems  with?

The  more  like  problems could be  due  to poor power  collection.

I would accept the potential for poor power collection however I have cleaned the wheels - my worries are that the wipers onto the wheels aren’t clean or making good enough contact but I don’t know how to get them any better :(

How do you keep your clean and adjust to ensure that they are fully on the wheel all the time?

I thought I would leave the auto corrected version that Apple creates as it looks better :)

Plus, I don’t think you can change it ...

But it was good of you point it out.

If you go to your first post I thing when you press edit it allows you to alter the title

• RMweb Gold

I thought I would leave the auto corrected version that Apple creates as it looks better :)

Plus, I don’t think you can change it ...

But it was good of you point it out.

Thanks Hayfield for sorting this for the OP. 

I assumed it was a predictive text thing!  Thing is that if someone in the future searched for coreless motor your thread and all the information in it would not be found which means that any useful information in this topic would be missed which of course would be a waste.

I would accept the potential for poor power collection however I have cleaned the wheels - my worries are that the wipers onto the wheels aren’t clean or making good enough contact but I don’t know how to get them any better :(

How do you keep your clean and adjust to ensure that they are fully on the wheel all the time?

Hi  I am assuming  that  the  locos you are referring  to  are  the   early models that  Roco produced  of  the  0-6-0 T loco?,  not  the   later  0-6-0 locos which come  as  a tender  version also.

To Clean the  pickups   you need  a  bright  light ( a Led torch which can be stood up and  moved  around  is  good)  I do not  have one  of  the  early 0-6-0s to hand  but  assume that  underneath  they have a  keeper  plate which  secures the  wheels?  Remove  this  carefully  this  should  allow  the  axles to be  raised,  but if  poss. not fully  removed, it may then be possible  to  clean  the  wheel backs and  wipers    with a  GOOD  quality  Q TIP  ( not  the  cheap fluffy ones)  a  solvent may  help if  they  are  very dirty, It  should  then  be  possible  to use  tweezers  to  bend the  pickups  to  ensure they are in  positive contact to  wheel backs.

Are  these  fairly  old  locos  ?  they  have  had  a long  production  run   and  some  go  back  many  years,  may be  worth looking  at  replacements,  there  are  several eBay SHOPS  with good  reputations  offering  them  at  reasonable  prices,  you might  like  one  of  these !

post-10539-0-96224100-1518859376.jpg

Edited by Stevelewis