Cambrian Borail Wagon - underframe detail question

Grampus

Evening all, 

whilst having a root around  in my unfinished projects box earlier today  ( - like most of us, quite a large container, unfortunately) I came across my virtually finished Cambrian borail, started many years ago and then stalled at the final hurdle for reasons I cannot now remember.   Anyhow, moving on - does anybody know any details of what should be underneath the wagon in terms of brake equipment, please? I am building the kit as an original vacuum-braked example, not one of the later refurbished and air-braked versions.  Having just reviewed the original kit instructions, they state that no photos (at the time) had come to light; and that the published drawing gave insufficient detail.   I am assuming a couple of fairly substantial vacuum cylinders and some actuator rods; equally you will not be able to see much of it under normal circumstances - however, it would be nice to add some form of representation.  Grateful for any information you may have, please.  So close to completing a model, it would be nice to break the enduring 'dry spell' and actually finish something - anything - for once!  

Best wishes, 

Paul

Hi Paul,

Are any pictures here of any use?

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brborail

Many thanks. I had looked previously at PB's site. The images on revisiting are useful in that they illustrate the presence of the actuator rods and at least one V hanger and some safety loops (?); there are also some apparent cluttered areas under the middle of the wagon - perhaps where the vac cylinders might be? However, nothing definitive. I will muse on it for a bit - perhaps as a layout wagon a suggestion of brake gear is enough? It would be nice to hope some more might yet appear. Thanks for taking time to help.

Best wishes,

Paul

Many thanks. I had looked previously at PB's site. The images on revisiting are useful in that they illustrate the presence of the actuator rods and at least one V hanger and some safety loops (?); there are also some apparent cluttered areas under the middle of the wagon - perhaps where the vac cylinders might be? However, nothing definitive. I will muse on it for a bit - perhaps as a layout wagon a suggestion of brake gear is enough? It would be nice to hope some more might yet appear. Thanks for taking time to help.

Best wishes,

Paul

If you mean eht EB/MB the drawing in Bartlett, P., Larkin, D., Mann, T., Silsbury, R., and Ward, A. (1985) An illustrated history of BR wagons, Volume 1 published by Oxford Publishing Company, 192 pages. ISBN 0-86093-203-6 on page 129 shows what was visible from the side - although the plan and end view do not assist with positioning the vac cylinder.

Paul

If you mean eht EB/MB the drawing in Bartlett, P., Larkin, D., Mann, T., Silsbury, R., and Ward, A. (1985) An illustrated history of BR wagons, Volume 1 published by Oxford Publishing Company, 192 pages. ISBN 0-86093-203-6 on page 129 shows what was visible from the side - although the plan and end view do not assist with positioning the vac cylinder.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks very much. I will have a look - think I have a copy tucked away.

Best wishes,

Paul

I do if you don’t Paul.

Rob

Thanks Rob. I do - now...a copy en route from the big brown river - due here Friday. Yet another book purchase on the flimsiest of excuses: 'it's essential to the completion of this project....' :-) Or something like that. Not been rumbled yet!

Best wishes,

P