D&S Models

Rumblestripe

The diagram 67 and 191 horseboxes were actually NER stock, Dans numbers DS170 and DS177 refer.

The LNER horseboxes were DS312 for the for the Dia 5 and DS314 for the Dia 4, these being some of the last models Danny did for 4mm.

As I said in the first note, at present only GER carriages are being considered, of which Dan issued a number of types. It isn't Dan's intension to go back into full production; he's got a 4mm layout of Newport to build plus the 7mm range to maintain.

Jonathan: I've just spoken to Dan about a horse box and he will see what is possible. There will be time for you to save your "pennies"!

Regards

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Further to my earlr message, I have today received the following from Dan:

"D&S Models are to re-introduce a selection of kits from the 4mm range. These have not been in production for sometime and will be concentrated on prototypes from the LNER and its constituents, many of these found their way into East Anglia following the cascading of coaching stock from the late 1930's and lasted into the first decade of British Railways.

Not all the kits previously available will be made and production will be on a batch basis subject to demand and it is not intended to keep a stock.

Initial production will commence in June/July and will be the following:

GER 50ft Gangway Stock

DS120 Third Dia 419

DS121 Bk Third Dia 541

DS133 Composite Dia 227

DS311 LNER D30E Restaurant (Post 1932)

Specification generally as originally issued, etched brass construction, white metal fittings, vac formed roof, but excluding wheels and couplings.

Price £45 plus £1.90 P&P to the address below.

The next batch of kits in 4mm will be from the horse box range, for a list of these please send SAE to:

D&S Models

46 The Street

Wallington

nr Baldock

Herts

SG7 6SW

As Dan is not on e-mail/internet, I can pass on any comments etc. posted on this Forum.

Regards

Paul

• Like 1

I assume we order from the normal address?

Is Dan accepting orders now?

Ooooo this is great, D&S back in 4mm - albeit in a wee form...

:drink_mini::biggrin_mini2::drink_mini:

PS. I'm sure the Barnums would be popular :laugh_mini:

• RMweb Gold

I (and, I'm sure, many others interested in matters North Eastern) would welcome a return of any of his North Eastern carriage range. Much missed, silly prices on eBay...

Presumably if somebody got the list of horseboxes they could post it here without that being a problem?

Cheers,

26power

The next batch of kits in 4mm will be from the horse box range, for a list of these please send SAE to:

D&S Models

46 The Street

Wallington

nr Baldock

Herts

SG7 6SW

As Dan is not on e-mail/internet, I can pass on any comments etc. posted on this Forum.

Regards

Paul

The note about horseboxes was in response to comments earlier in this thread; a quick note to Dan will give him some idea of interets.

I will of course keep the Forum updated and have also received a couple of PMs.

Regards

Paul

• 1 month later...

Just a quick up date to say Dan is on programme to re-release some of his 4mm GE carriages later this month/early August.

The next issue will be some of his 4mm horse box kits, which he hopes to re-release in the autumn.

As usual either e-mail me or write direct to Dan (with an SAE please).

Regards

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

received my first delivery of the new D & S 4mm production yesterday. Dan also advised that he will be producing the following in October/November:

DS107 GER D 16 Horsebox X20 (1888)

DS170 NER D 67 Horsebox (1890)

DS177 NER D 191 Horsebox (1913)

DS207 NBR D 110 Horsebox (1911)

DS265 GNR D 352 Horsebox (1898)

DS312 LNER D 5 Horsebox (1938)

DS314 LNER D 4 Horsebox (1936)

All priced at £20.50 and £1.70 P&P.

Hurrah!

• Like 1

I had a chat with Dan this afternoon and he is very pleased at the way the re-release of the first batch of 4mm models is going. Thank you for the support.

Dan is now working on the 7mm range for the Gauge 0 Guild Telford show in September, before returning to the 4mm horse boxes.

Regards

Paul

• 3 months later...

Well what a nice surprise in the post this morning.

Two tasty horseboxes:

DS312 LNER D 5 Horsebox (1938)

DS314 LNER D 4 Horsebox (1936)

So heads up guys, Mr Pinnock is posting goodies out :D

And he has more goodies planned for re-release and he will be in touch - who needs dodgy lardies in red suits and funny beards :lol:

• 3 months later...

Dan Pinnock (D&S Models, 46 the Street, Wallington, Baldock, Herts, SG7 6SW) has confirmed that following the encouraging take up of earlier re-releases of D&S Models 4mm stock, he now proposes to re-release the following kits:

April-May 2011

GNR 6-wheel stock & articulated sets, carriage trucks (open & closed), which in general covered the period 1890 to BR days, with examples of six-wheel stock lasting in departmental use until the 1960’s.

All @ £28.50 each plus £1.90 p&p

DS 266 6-wheel luggage brake

DS 267 6-wheel milk/fruit van

DS 282 6-wheel third Dia. 245

DS 283 6-wheel brake third Dia. 281

DS 285 6-wheel composite Dia. 156

All @ £20.50 each plus £1.90 p&p

DS 268 4-wheel CCT Dia. 364

DS 289 4-wheel CCT Dia. 360

At £18.50 plus £1.90 p&p

DS 290 4-wheel OCT Dia. 375

Articulated sets can be supplied as twins @ £65, triplets @ £96.50 and quads @ £124. Set information sheet available on request.

May-June 2011

NER Clerestory 52ft coaches. These span a period again from the 1890’s to the early BR mid-1950 period. Many were cascaded in the 1930’s to other areas on the LNER, including the GE Section, where they formed an integral part.

Price to be advised.

DS 171 NER 52’ Clerestory third Dia. 14

DS 172 NER 52’ Clerestory composite Dia. 5

DS 173 NER 52’ Clerestory locker comp Dia. 7

DS 186 NER 52’ Clerestory comp bk third Dia. 76

Autumn 2011

To follow those above, will be GNR bogie stock, GER six wheelers and NPCS from the LNER & its constituents.

If of sufficient interest, he also proposes to re-release DS 116 GER six-wheel Lav-third Dia. 407 (which hasn’t been available for 15-20 years!) and Dia. 404 which lasted well into LNER days and was by far the most numerous of the final builds of GE six-wheelers.

Regards

Paul

Thanks to Blue Max for picking up a typo in the list I posted. Dan will in fact be re-introducing both:

DS 186 NER 52ft Clerestory locker comp Dia.7 and

DS 187 NER 52ft Clerestory 5 comp bk third Dia. 76

Regards

Paul

For anyone interested, my understanding is that the D&S 4mm GC items offered by the GCRS are available to all, it's just that they're discounted for members. I suppose if you wanted a few it'd be worth joining to get the discount, but it isn't actually essential.

Sorry I don't have the full SP on what's available, being into 7mm I don't follow 4mm issues as closely as I used to do.

(Edited) Check out this thread My link

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

From way back when...

Dan will in fact be re-introducing both:

Regards

Paul

Paul,

Danny also produced a very useful range of etched window frames in 4mm scale. Is there any chance of these being re-introduced?

You might have guessed that the stock of these that I have is not enough for the buildings I plan to build!

Ian

From way back when...

Paul,

Danny also produced a very useful range of etched window frames in 4mm scale. Is there any chance of these being re-introduced?

You might have guessed that the stock of these that I have is not enough for the buildings I plan to build!

Ian

Ian

I owe Dan a phone call; I'll try and contact in the next few days and ask.

Regards

Paul