Possibility of 4mm O33/O59 Siphon G brass kit

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure most of the GWR buffs on here will have seen Macgeordie's thread where he has been building up his own O62 Siphon G kit. I've asked him if he would consider doing an O33, which if I've read the books right is pretty much identical but with plain sides and no sliding vents. If there's anything obvious I've missed please pipe up now so I don't lead him astray in creating an inaccurate kit!

If anyone is interested, we need to have 20 commitments to buy before Ian can go ahead and get the etches done. His O62 really is a magnificent kit (as all of his ones are!) and to be able to get an O33 would be fantastic.

Roll up! Roll up!

Edit. Ian has said the drawings are being made to accommodate the shell vents for Diag O59 which gives another variation to model.

Edited by 57xx
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A rough cost would be similar to the O.62, which would mean about £26.50 for etches only and about £47 for a full kit which has everything except wheels and couplings.

• RMweb Gold

We're up to 15 people now with a few wanting more than one kit (me included) and I'm going to stump up any short fall in numbers to make sure this goes ahead. Thanks to all those who have expressed their interest!

Edited by 57xx
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

After conversation with Ian, he has said he is doing the drawings to optionally accommodate the shell vents for Diag O59 which gives another variation to model.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just in case anyone has missed Ian's main thread in Kitbuilding, orders are now being taken for etches/kits. If you've not already had a PM from Ian, please get hold of him ASAP so as not to miss out!