JLTRT

admiles

Without wanting to rock any boats or step on any toes can anyone involved with JLTRT say if business

will continue or are they now closed?

The website still exists but none of the links lead anywhere...

Something "official" as opposed to rumor would be gratefully received I'm sure.

There is a posting on the Gauge 0 Guild forum that JLTRT will not be attending Kettering on 3rd March, their stand will instead be occupied by Intentio Laser cut buildings.

regards

Mike

Thanks for the info.  That is a bit worrying. Their departure (if indeed that's what it is) would almost certainly mean the end of O gauge for me.

Thanks for the info.  That is a bit worrying. Their departure (if indeed that's what it is) would almost certainly mean the end of O gauge for me.

I think you may be jumping to a conclusion. As far as I am aware the only reliable information was that Laurie was ill and I'm assuming that is the reason for JLRT not being at Kettering.  If anyone knows differently I'm sure they will post on the G0G forum or on here.

Ray.. 

There is a posting on the Guild website that the company have gone into voluntary liquidation. If true then it's sad news

Steve

according to companies house the company is still active if it was liquidated it will be struck off the register of companies 

I think you may be jumping to a conclusion. As far as I am aware the only reliable information was that Laurie was ill and I'm assuming that is the reason for JLRT not being at Kettering.  If anyone knows differently I'm sure they will post on the G0G forum or on here.

Ray.. 

I think that's the problem here (apart from poor Laurie and his back) the lack of anything from JLTRT themselves. A few lines posted on their website would clear things up.

And please don't take any of what I've written as a criticism of JLTRT, it isn't. Laurie's health and wellbeing is more important then anything else.

Edited by admiles

Try a double click on the yellow band across the middle of the website - it then pops up a message about maintenance.

Ok thanks. It doesn't for me but that may be a browser thing. I just see the yellow band.

It depends on where in the band you click. It's a bizarre warning, since it's simply text in the same colour as the background, so it's essentially invisible. Unless you select the text.

If you double-click, you will only see text if your pointer is over the text in the first place. There is no "pop-up" as such.

Edited by truffy

The message within the yellow line states the following:

"WE ARE CURRENTLY PERFORMING SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE.

WE WILL BE BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON."

I had to double click each word one by one.

Jinty ;)

This is a standard message embedded within the WEB site, it's the easiest way of effectively switching off the site to stop any access.

Simon

This is a standard message embedded within the WEB site, it's the easiest way of effectively switching off the site to stop any access.

Simon

Or you could do what Bachmann have done, and replace the whole site with a lame duck.