JLTRT

admiles

This was floating around Facebook yesterday https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04552733

Ian G

I would not place a great deal of reliance on the information on the Companies House database. I have been trying to get them to correct a serious transcription error for 6 months without success. Unless information has been submitted electronically it seems that there an unwillingness to work on an issue.

• RMweb Premium

Thank you Stephen. I had just seen this on the Gauge O Guild Forum and it puts an end to the speculation.

Note that this relates to Just Like the Real Thing Ltd with Pete Waterman as a director (Company number 04552733).

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04552733

There is a separate dormant company called JLTRT Ltd registered number SC404436 which has Laurence and Susan Lynch as directors. Pete Waterman resigned as a director of that company in March 2015.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC404436

It's interesting reading of the number of companies where Mr Waterman is (or has been) a director.

Sad times for all involved.

• Administrators

From Facebook at 16:00

As sole director and shareholder of Just like the real thing, last week I made the agonising decision to close down the company and appoint a receiver to liquidate it. I was no long prepared to fund its annual losses and could not see any way of making it profitable.
My passion for model railways remains undimmed. I will concentrate on my Leamington Spa layout. In the coming months
,I expect to announce new plans, so watch this space. I believe there is a small niche for a high quality designer and manufacture,and that will likely be my focus. The best models for discerning modellers and collectors.

• Like 1

Guest teacupteacup

It's not that big, except perhaps for the diesel addicts, where the market was dominated by JLTRT or Heljan.

Jim

Its a huge hole in the 7mm world, not everyone is capable of building metal kits. JTLRT kits made 7mm at lot more accessible not just to diesel modellers.  Sad sad news

I really hope the diesel parts will still be available through another owner/source ....i was hoping to get some class 25 class 52 parts :(

Yes I fully agree.

Is there no stock that needs selling off? - we maybe need to watch out for that.

There is quite a fair few things many of you could probably do with buying - for me this has happened so quickly.

Having re-entered the world of modeling about 10 years ago I managed about 10 kits by others.  These varied from pretty good (Andrews/Gladiator) to OK (Springside/Agenoria/Warren Shephard) to almost unbuildable (Gateneal).

Then I cracked and went to JLTRT.

What a step up!

Everything there, great fit and actual instructions.

A huge loss and I guess I won't be getting the long promised Dukedog.

• RMweb Premium

I am sure the tooling will crop up for sale so maybe not complete disaster .lets hope though I just looked on  at their models  and liked .

JLTRT/Pete Waterman couldn't make it pay, so not very encouraging for finding a new owner.

• RMweb Premium

Not good news.

I hope Laurie recovers  soon.

I've had a Class 47/8 on order, paid for, since last June, and been assured that it will be on it's way to me soon......... form Last June.

It looks as though I'm £450 out of pocket !