Model Rail Scotland - Glasgow 2018 - New Announcment

Oliver Rails

Caledonian Sleeper - CAF built Mk5's (with the TP stock to follow) and/or a proper 73/9.

A bit of wishlisting isn't half cathartic (especially when you've no idea)....

This was my first thought given the location, but the original post says 'a selection of attractive liveries' and so far the only livery applied to Mk5s has been the sleeper teal.

If it was, it would be a very quick turnaround from when they arrived in the UK to give opportunity for measuring and doing CADs (assuming Rails have these on the day.)

When I contacted Caledonian Sleeper regarding licensing for my own project, they seemed keen to help and interested in what I was doing and didn't seem to indicate anything else was going on

Of course it doesn’t actually say it’s something Scottish even though it’s being announced at Glasgow , we just assume that .

Great opportunity though if it constitutes a major part of your target market.... if

Launching a 442 at Model Rail (Scotland) just brings Chocolate teapot / fireguard to mind :)

Edited by Bob Reid

• RMweb Premium

Great opportunity though if it constitutes a major part of your target market.... if

Launching a 442 at Model Rail (Scotland) just brings Chocolate teapot / fireguard to mind :)

If it’s something Southern they may not make it to the end of the exhibition

"A brand new, newly tooled model available in a selection of attractive liveries."

This to me would probably rule out a steam loco

Davy, what about applying Ally McLeod's bunnet livery to the seating in that nice 47/7 of yours - there's just time before it going on display at MRS.

I’m hoping for a Caley loco, but you just know it’s going to be a 7 plankwagon of Scottish descent. I’ll awaitFriday withinterest but not get my hopes up

Given the current "small locos" in production like the Peckett 0-4-0, the Barclay 0-4-0, the H 0-4-4, the P 0-6-0 and Bachmann's MP 1P 0-4-4, I would say there is a possibility of the delightful Caley 0-4-4.  How do wheelbases compare ?

• RMweb Premium

Given the current "small locos" in production like the Peckett 0-4-0, the Barclay 0-4-0, the H 0-4-4, the P 0-6-0 and Bachmann's MP 1P 0-4-4, I would say there is a possibility of the delightful Caley 0-4-4.  How do wheelbases compare ?

Stop you’ve got me salivating ! Caley Blue , LMS red, LMS black , early and late BR , mmmm hope you are correct. Although a Caley 812 0-6-0 is my preference. Getting carried away though , but assuming it is something Scottish , what would come in a variety of liveries other than a wagon?

No but that doesn't help Dave...

Perhaps Modelu are producing a set of these, heading along (any) Scottish platform on their way to Glasgow Airport;

8247919536_76aaec7226_b.jpg

Caledonian Girl`s by takoyaki 77, on Flickr

I remember that warm sunny day - honest.

Now that would be a great idea.

I could think of a certain Crail based committee member of Modelrail who would buy a few sets of these!  

..and where do you dig up all these old ads Porcy..you really need to get out more. 

Dave.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Watch it, in our new PC times can we have Caledonian Girls anymore. They were a product of the 80s . Surely it would be Caledonian Persons now .

Anyway at least I hope the Caledonian bit is right in the new announcement

Watch it, in our new PC times can we have Caledonian Girls anymore. They were a product of the 80s . Surely it would be Caledonian Persons now .

Anyway at least I hope the Caledonian bit is right in the new announcement

​Of course - Caledonian / Girls / Tartan, not some random person :)

Sheesh I remember when Rmweb was fun and you could call @AndyY a parsnip!

​[ Oops looks like I just fell victim to a drive by shooting from Andy ] :)

Edited by Bob Reid