Mansfield 2018

RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

HELP!

due to a couple of layouts having to withdraw I have space to fill

anyone fancying showing off their work at our 10th Anniversary show and is fairly local to Mansfield (we can't run to accommodation as it's all for charity) please get in touch with me either by PM or email asap

TIA

a very stressed exhibition manager

• RMweb Gold

Confirmed layouts are as follows:

• Child Friendly Layout   – OO Gauge – Ian Wigglesworth
  • Summat Colliery – OO Gauge – Ian Mellors, 1958 Colliery layout as featured on the cover of BRM Magazine
  • David’s Dublo – OO Gauge – David Fudger will again entertain with his heritage collection of 3 rail, back in the main room where it all started!
  • St Peter’s Way – OO – Keith Morris
  • George’s Layout – Kids can have a go at driving, donations gratefully received.
  • Annesley Woodhouse – OO – Simon Lawson, modern image local layout
  • Ardmore – N – Derek Gelsthorpe will unpack his layout in a suitcase
  • Duncan’s Mine – HO – Steve Grantham
  • Old Castle Lane – OO – Richard Peake, first time back for Richard since it all started 10 years ago
  • Piedmont Blues – O – Daniel Beresford’s USA O gauge layout makes a first appearance
  • Bygone Model Railways – N – Malcolm Hughes brings his heritage Minitrix layout this year
  • Swad Lane - OO - Peter BB of this parish and
  • Werrington Road - OO - 50030 of this parish, thanks for stepping in at the last moment both of you  :)

However due to a family bereavement Malcolm Hughes may only attend on the Sunday, we have left it entirely up to him depending on how he feels at the time.

Edited by RedgateModels

Is Paul Chetter going to be there? He was supposed to be at Newark this weekend, but was conspicuous by his absence.

This is the first I've heard of this.

No one from club contacted me to ask why I was absent, so I can only assume that they were not expecting me.

The show's organiser changed this year and I received no invitation to attend, so I don't know why you should believe I was due to be there.

In the 8 years I've been giving DCC sound demos and clinics I've only failed to attend one show anywhere in the country at which I was booked, and that was because I was in hospital at the time.

Kind regards,

Paul

• RMweb Gold

No one from club contacted me to ask why I was absent, so I can only assume that they were not expecting me.

The show's organiser changed this year and I received no invitation to attend, so I don't know why you should believe I was due to be there.

In the 8 years I've been giving DCC sound demos and clinics I've only failed to attend one show anywhere in the country at which I was booked, and that was because I was in hospital at the time.

Kind regards,

Paul

I can find space for you this weekend if you fancy it Paul :) always welcome

Kind regards,

Paul

You were on the table plan in the programme (table 37 I think, but don't hold me to it). I enquired at the club desk, was told you'd probably gone to Glasgow, and there had been quite a few enquiries about you. 

I can find space for you this weekend if you fancy it Paul :) always welcome

Ian,

Thank you, Mansfield has always been a very enjoyable venue for me. Such a friendly and welcoming bunch of people, some great interaction with traders and Traction of this parish and it's for charity too.

Worth a visit if just for the cake selection!

You did invite me some time ago and unfortunately the same reasons that I had to decline then stll apply now, so I'll not be able attend, sorry.

I hope you have a successful event.

Kind regards,

Paul

You were on the table plan in the programme (table 37 I think, but don't hold me to it). I enquired at the club desk, was told you'd probably gone to Glasgow, and there had been quite a few enquiries about you. 

Always a good idea to confirm before committing to print. LOL

I'm sorry you were disappointed with my absence but it was not of my doing. I don't double book. I was actually free last weekend, and could have got to the venue within 30 minutes.

I did Glasgow one year with the Hornby Magazine stand, but it's not a venue which works for me.

The one show worth travelling to Scotland for (in my opinion) is Perth when I can make it. (Unfortunately, not this year). Huge and accessible venue for a non-commercial show with a fantastic organiser and volunteer crew; some of the warmest people you could hope to meet. Brilliant social on the Saturday evening.

It's nice to be missed, perhaps, but you can always PM me here if you need assistance.

Kind regards,

Paul

Edited by pauliebanger