Ramsgate Tunnel Railway

I don't know of any line drawings referring to the railway but there is a book which has good photos of the stock and some buildings.

It is " The Ramsgate Tunnel Railway"  by Peter A Harding ISBN 9523458 9 7       2005.

I see that some copies are still available and I see that the Bluebell Railway shop has one for £4.00.

Hope this helps. Regards, Colin.

There is this book but I don't know if it has line drawings.

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/the_ramsgate_tunnels__main_line_public_airraid_shelter___scenic_railway__.htm

There is also this listing from Amazon  although I cannot find one for sale.

The Ramsgate Tunnel Railway Unknown Binding – 1968
by Geoffrey Body (Author),‎ Robert Lockwood Eastleigh (Author

Just a thought - The Post office railway under London uses locos built by English Electric which look similar to those at Ramsgate  but with no covering bodywork !

I rode on the railway as a teenager and was fascinated by it although it was run down by then.
My Aunt and Uncle lived at Deal so used to visit Kent regularly.
Regards, Colin

• 1 year later...

There are models (Tunnel Railway and Southern pre-closure) and artefacts inside the Tunnel museum at Ramsgate. 

Such a prototype would certainly make an interesting and automatic single line terminus layout, although you'd probably have to fit a pole reverser in the overhead or use pantographs for a totally hands-free operation.

IMG_20190418_135556.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 20/04/2019 at 09:04, 298 said:

There are models (Tunnel Railway and Southern pre-closure) and artefacts inside the Tunnel museum at Ramsgate. 

Such a prototype would certainly make an interesting and automatic single line terminus layout, although you'd probably have to fit a pole reverser in the overhead or use pantographs for a totally hands-free operation.

IMG_20190418_135556.jpg

That is pretty much the sort of layout I was going to aim for, maybe I should now look at the other terminus if it’s already been done. Do you know if it has ever been operated?