Macclesfield Model Railway Exhibition 10/11th March 2018

BigAndy

Event Name: Macclesfield Model Railway Exhibition

Address: SK10 2EE

Day 1: 10/3/2018
Opening times Day 1: 10:00 - 17:00
Day 2: 11/3/2018
Opening times Day 2: 10:00 - 16:30
Prices: Adult £6.00, accompanied children FREE (under 16).

:

Disability access: Yes
Car parking: Yes

Organising body: Macclesfield Model Railway Group
Organiser: S. Horrocks

A friendly exhibition with model railways in scales from Z to G. Traders supplying a wide range of model railway products. KEN BALL will be making his final exhibition appearance with a display of buildings of old Macclesfield. Excellent refreshments - everything from a coffee to a Sunday roast! NEW THIS YEAR - VINTAGE BUS SERVICE (from Macclesfield Station via the town centre to the venue) - see web site for timetable.
Layouts
Z

8]Republic Steel

N

8]Marx Engels Platz

8]Todmorden Midland

OO9

8]Negarth

8]Pen-y-Graig

OO

8]Bodmin

8]Carminster

8]Eastgate

8]Happy Valley

8]Newhaven Harbour

8]MMRG Raffle Layout

8]Westmoor Junction

HO

8]59th and Rust

8]Euro Fracht Zentrum

O

8]Jennings Sidings

GN15

8]The Old Works

1:32 – 1:700

8]Habbaniya

Demos / Displays

Mark Henshaw - 148th N Gauge Stock Building

Andy Clayton - EM Gauge Modelling

Ken Ball – Old Buildings of Macclesfield

Robert Seaton – Meccano Locos

Traders

ABC Model Railways

Axminster Tools

Bespoke Sign & Print

Book Law Publications

Country Park Models

Country Scenes & Trees

Direct Train Spares

EBMA Hobby & Craft

High Lane Model Railways

Linda Tinker Railway Books

MMRG Members’ Sales

North Western Models

Online Models

SMTF

Sweets of Yesteryear

The Junction Box

As can be seen from the demos section, I'm going to be there with Dave from the 'Glasgow Queen Street (Em)' team, and our plastic abuse roadshow.

Plenty of our stock on display that will be running (hopefully!) on GQS next year and also of important note, is that Ken Ball - well known architectural modeller is retiring from the exhibtion circuit after 60 years! He's decided at the outrageously young age of 87 that he's had enough of setting up/knocking down, BUT he is still taking commisions ( I should think so as well ).

This is a great opportunity to come and have a chat with Ken, see some of his wonderful scratch built buildings and wish him well for the future at the place where it all started for him all those decades ago.

cheers

Andy

• Like 1

Don't forget the Routemaster bus service - NEW THIS YEAR. Leaves Macc station (outside the Waters Green Pub) on the hour and half hour from 10am. Calls at the bus station and Churhill Way on the way. Cheers Shaun

Really looking forward to the show this year ..... great layouts (as usual!), top catering, free bus ride and demos by Andy Clayton and Ken Ball (his last ever show!). Always a good show at Macc, but this could be the best.

Quick bump.

Macclesfield show is this weekend - two days away! I'm still putting transfers onto the latest loco for the Glasgow Queen St (EM) fleet.....then it's got to have a final coat of varnish........will it be finished on time? If you want to see the latest loco for the layout makes it onto the stand, plus the Oxford Rail MK3a that I've cut about and finished in ScotRail blue stripe, get down to the show this weekend - it's always a good do, so stop by and say hello to myself or Dave on the plastic abuse roadshow.

Oh, and the restaurant is well worth stopping off at for some tasty refreshments.

Cheers

Andy

It's Ok Ray, you won't need the snow chains! It's all well thawed and gone now, with the forecast for the weekend although being a bit damp with some rain forecast, temperatures are set to be around 10 - 11 degrees - positively tropical!

Looking forward to seeing 59th and Rust, great bit of modelling and a wonderful atrmosphere as per your photo above.

cheers

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Layout packed and ready for the journey to Macclesfield this weekend looking forward.to a great weekend with my new GN15 layout

The Old Works

Eltel

Layout packed and ready for the journey to Macclesfield this weekend looking forward.to a great weekend with my new GN15 layout

The Old Works

Eltel

As far as I know Tel, John is coming over from N.Wales tomorrow to see the show. Bringing the Mother-in-Law with him, but she, my wife and daughter will be doing 'Ladies wot lunch' whilst he comes to the exhibition!

cheers

Andy

• RMweb Premium

might pop over tomorrow

anyone know if any of the traders may happen to stock railmatch or phoenix points?

Hi Jim

Didn’t see any Phoenix or Railmatch paints.

I’ll have look around in the morning and post if I find any.

Eltel

• RMweb Premium

I went today for some railmatch paint along with a A2 cutting mat. No traders had either. I didn't feel the trade selection was very good for such a well known show. Just my personal option.

Excellent first day today - I've talked to that many people, I hardly got any modelling done! Hey Ho, that's what demo's are for though, talking to the public and swapping ideas. Dave on the other hand has managed to airbrush the bottom green band on his Hymek - I think he's going for broke tomorrow and spraying on the dark green upper............and before anyone mentions that Hymeks never got into GQS, this is for his own layout!

cheers

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Cracking weekend and most enjoyable playing trains with my new Gn15 layout “The Old Works”

A few minor issue and adjustments only required

post-2180-0-12979800-1520795665_thumb.jpeg

post-2180-0-62191400-1520795697_thumb.jpeg

post-2180-0-30605800-1520795739_thumb.jpeg

post-2180-0-96029700-1520795830_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6