Running issues with Dean Goods

Neal Ball

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone else had issues with their loco running abilities?

Even on the rolling road it starts and stops - at slow speed I should add - which of course is how it will be running....

I have posted details here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/93864-henley-on-thames-gwr-in-the-1930s/page-16 

This is the 2nd loco after the screws were fixed so tight in the first one's tender that I mashed the heads up. In taking it back, I got the guys at Gaugemaster to open the tender for me!

Any suggestions welcome before this one also goes back. 

Thanks, Neal.

Edited by Neal Ball

If it stops on DC, then nothing to do with the decoder. Somewhere in the circuit from one rail to the other, there is intermittent failure to conduct current. It can be anywhere in the circuit from the reported symptom. Your choice to find and correct the location that is going open circuit intermittently (a 'dry joint' on what should be a soldered connection the most likely) or return the item as unfit for purpose.

• RMweb Premium

Took the loco back to the engine shed / guagemaster yesterday for a replacement.

Apparently only 4 put of an order of 250 had issues, no idea what the issues were.

Found another faulty one that did not run, finally got one that worked. 6 put of 250 now faulty, which still isn’t a bad odds. Just annoying if it’s your loco and you have to keep taking it back.

Great service from Mark the shop Manager.