SPROG not working

chaz

It's been a while since I used "Throttle", have you tried looking at this:- 

http://jmri.sourceforge.net/help/en/html/tools/throttle/ToolsMenuThrottleEntry.shtml

Thanks for the link which I will investigate further later. I don't recall seeing a page like this before. I only have the JMRI software in my Notebook - not very sensible to try and get my  27 inch iMac (which I am sitting at now) up into the roof to work with the layout.

Chaz

Edited by chaz

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the link which I will investigate further later. I don't recall seeing a page like this before. I only have the JMRI software in my Notebook - not very sensible to try and get my  27 inch iMac (which I am sitting at now) up into the roof to work with the layout.

Chaz

Chaz, unless I'm missing something all you should have to do is take the SPROG and the computer up to the loft and connect the track output from the SPROG to the layout, then use the throttle that's in DecoderPro.

Chaz, unless I'm missing something all you should have to do is take the SPROG and the computer up to the loft and connect the track output from the SPROG to the layout, then use the throttle that's in DecoderPro.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in that last post. My laptop is in the roof, with the SPROG and connected to an isolated yard of track. I was sitting at my desktop Mac at the time which doesn't have the software in it (no point).

I was probably being very dim but I couldn't find a throttle in DecoderPro - how do I get to it?

Chaz

Edited by chaz

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in that last post. My laptop is in the roof, with the SPROG and connected to an isolated yard of track. I was sitting at my desktop Mac at the time which doesn't have the software in it (no point).

I was probably being very dim but I couldn't find a throttle in DecoderPro - how do I get to it?

Chaz

Ah, I see.

In the drop-down menu under "Actions" you can open "New Throttle".

Ah, I see.

Excellent, thanks. Will have a look later on today. I'm off out shortly to make use of the weather - ideal butterfly weather!

Chaz

• Like 1

Ah, I see.

Banzai! I got a throttle up, selected the only loco on the roster (so far) and managed to drive it up and down a yard of Peco 16.5mm.

So it would seem that my SPROG now works as it should. I have yet to use it to do any real programming but I have no reason to believe it won't now work as it should.

I have no idea why it wouldn't work when I first tried to use it but the fact that it works fine now points the finger at the idiot at the keyboard.

Thanks, chaps for being patient and helpful. That's one of the big strengths of this forum.

Chaz