Pitbull's subject to change at any time layout!

pitbull1845

Well I managed to get half an hour to renumber my shunter, pictured here at the station whilst the driver popped to the Travellers Fayre for a coffee and bacon roll!
post-6849-0-52528600-1523391364_thumb.jpg

The middle line would appear to be the new stabling point for the locos from the docks.
post-6849-0-70445400-1523391545_thumb.jpg
Rumour has it that the current depot may be used for the PWay stock in the future, as freight traffic to the docks is dwindling.

As always its all subject to change.

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 14

Hi Scott,

Nice work on 09025 I remember seeing that a fair bit back in the day. 

Thought you might like this shot from Hamworthy.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-34703600-1523538050_thumb.jpg

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 14

Hi Peter,
Thanks for posting the picture, one day I hope to have a model of my take on Poole docks..

I remember seeing 09025 there and also at the BM depot whilst peeking through the fence to see the cross country 47's.. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi..

Not a lot going on as I'm still unsure if I'll have to sell the house due to the Divorce, so don't want to commit to it just yet.

In the meantime ive been doing a bit of kit bashing with an Oxford Ford Cargo (was a royal mail one) to make up my own BR truck of sorts.

Here the EH gang have popped up to the depot and are dropping something off for the fitters, so they can get the 33 ready for the parcels stock tonight.

post-6849-0-64641600-1525703796_thumb.jpg

I still have lots of ideas but until my future is secure they'll just have to remain on paper.

Enjoy the sun!

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,
A new month and a new update (unfortunately no photos as yet)

Progress on the layout has been coming along slowly, I've done all the ballasting and started to weather the track in places, mainly around the depot and fuelling point. I

I've also had a go at building a very basic platform canopy that goes in front of the mail centre and finished the retaining walls.

The last couple of days have been spent testing the track to make sure it all works after the ballasting and I'm pleased to say all seems ok. 

Not much to report on the rolling stock front, the only real movement is the NSE 159 has been driven to Leaford by Temeraire for a overhaul. Basically in the hope Kevin will be able to work his magic and right all my wrongs!

I will take some pictures but I'll need to clear the layout first of all my junk!

• Like 3

Thanks again for the comments, not a lot done since the recent update but thought I'd add a couple more pictures.

The layout is providing quite a relief to whats been quite a stressful couple of years, I suppose it's my escape from reality.

The fitter is attending to 37114 which unfortunately failed at the docks after arriving from EH. Luckily it was coupled to 37068 so it managed to get dragged back to the depot.

post-6849-0-96161400-1528751336_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile 47636 awaits the green light before heading off to Leaford on the DMU replacement service.

post-6849-0-77535900-1528751370_thumb.jpg

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 9

Looks great Scott, looking forward to more updates!

Any plans to put in 3rd rail?

Hi Rhys,

I have considered It, but I think if I do that then I'd go more up to date and have 450's on the layout, unless someone makes a 442 Wessex Electric, otherwise I'd have nothing to run on it.

I'm already moving the date slightly to the mid 90's now, so the 4TC has already been reallocated to another layout, I just hope it likes Helixes.

• Like 1

Hi Rhys,

I have considered It, but I think if I do that then I'd go more up to date and have 450's on the layout, unless someone makes a 442 Wessex Electric, otherwise I'd have nothing to run on it.

I'm already moving the date slightly to the mid 90's now, so the 4TC has already been reallocated to another layout, I just hope it likes Helixes.

I think with Era's you need to think about the Stock as well as the Units Scott. I've moved Kings Moreton forward from early 80's to 89 / 90 ish, to introduce Sectorisation in fairly clean condition, but still with grubby Railfreight and VERY grubby Blues, but not EWS, as it would mean all Locos that were re painted at the time being EW&S for the first couple of years.

On the Passenger side, when I was at Eastleigh there were the obvious 170's 158's and often Arriva Wales 158's in Silver with the big ''A'' on the sides, again another favourite Livery of mine, that you could introduce within your Region on the Cardiff Service.

Personally I would stay clear of the Third Rail, very dangerous mate. :no:  :no:  :sungum:

• Like 1

HI Andy,
I don't want to go near EW&S, so I will cap my period before then. Quite like the idea of having some "Mainline" blue locos.

Funnily enough I was looking at an Alphaline 158 on Ebay yesterday, as you say, I could justify one of those and it would add a splash of colour.
I wouldn't mind a couple more NSE 159's and Regional Railways 150's too but they will have to wait..
As usual I have plenty of ideas in my head...

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 1