0 gauge micro

Guest ShildonShunter

Mike with ballasting I find you either loath it or like it. It's best to take one's time and get it right. That great free rail fare and why not Mike.;)

Guest ShildonShunter

Kevin, this layout is my 10th and after that many ballasting has become a real chore albeit a necessary one :crazy:  .

Hi Mike with me modelling dioramas and cakeboxes it can be quite fiddly when blasting but still necessary.;)

Playing around with the beerhouse yard, with Henry Harper landlord who is planning the next cock fight with Benjamin Lawley and Jeremiah Hickman. Of course the figures aren't finished and the dustbin needs toning down, but at least the tap and bucket have been completed.

post-185-0-56044000-1528648526_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Playing around with the beerhouse yard, with Henry Harper landlord who is planning the next cock fight with Benjamin Lawley and Jeremiah Hickman. Of course the figures aren't finished and the dustbin needs toning down, but at least the tap and bucket have been completed.[/size]

attachicon.gifIMG_0251.jpg

Lovely little scenario!

The best part of some considerable time ago, after the railways came...........

Brierley Hill Advertiser July
“A beerhouse keeper, named Henry Harper, of the JOLLY COLLIERS INN, Park Street, Brierley Hill, was summoned at the instance of Supt. Mills, for wilfully allowing gaming in his house. The only witness called to substantiate the charge was a young man named Richard Grazebrook, a chainmaker, who deposed that on the evening of the 23rd, he was at the defendant’s house, and in an upstairs room he saw some men playing at cards for various sums; he went to the house again on the 25th, when he also saw gaming going on, but said that on the last-named day the men who were playing on hearing the defendant coming upstairs put the cards into their pockets. The Bench imposed a fine and costs, for each offence, from which 7s 6d was awarded to the informant.”

Brierley Hill Advertiser December
“Henry Harper, landlord of the JOLLY COLLIERS beerhouse, in Park Street, Brierley Hill, was summoned for unlawfully keeping a pit for the purpose of cock fighting. It appears that information was received by the police that a cock fight would take place at the defendant’s house on Monday the 13th. Accordingly, between one and two o’clock on that day, PC Higgs, having previously considerably altered his personal appearance by blacking his face and assuming the garb of a collier, went in the house in company with another constable in plain clothes. The Defendant was standing at the door, and he instantly recognised the constable in plain clothes, and gave an alarm to the assembled cock fighters within. PC Higgs, however, immediately ran upstairs, and there saw thirty or forty men witnessing a battle between a red and a black cock. As soon as they discovered the police were in the room they bolted by every possible means of egress the room afforded. The name of five, however, were ascertained in addition to the landlord, and they were accordingly summoned for being present at such an exhibition. PC Higgs also produced one of the cocks which he succeeded in capturing. The Bench fined Henry Harper, the landlord, and the other five, John Harper, Benjamin Lawley, Jeremiah Hickman – to whom the cock produced belonged – William Shakespeare, and John Aston.

I Love local history. :crazy: 

post-185-0-29864600-1528828860_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Guest ShildonShunter

Mike your layout is progressing lovely and I like the yard area of the beer house fantastic modelling.:)

A bit more work on the shed which is based on the Stewart & LLoyds mineral railway shed at Pen Green Corby. Lots of work still required but it's getting there albeit slowly.

The engine is a kit built Peckett and it seems that the fitters have left their tools on the footplate.

post-185-0-30521400-1529494171.jpg

post-185-0-08352800-1529494201.jpg

• Like 7

The best part of some considerable time ago, after the railways came...........[/size]Brierley Hill Advertiser July[/size]“A beerhouse keeper, named Henry Harper, of the JOLLY COLLIERS INN, Park Street, Brierley Hill, was summoned at the instance of Supt. Mills, for wilfully allowing gaming in his house. The only witness called to substantiate the charge was a young man named Richard Grazebrook, a chainmaker, who deposed that on the evening of the 23rd, he was at the defendant’s house, and in an upstairs room he saw some men playing at cards for various sums; he went to the house again on the 25th, when he also saw gaming going on, but said that on the last-named day the men who were playing on hearing the defendant coming upstairs put the cards into their pockets. The Bench imposed a fine and costs, for each offence, from which 7s 6d was awarded to the informant.”[/size]Brierley Hill Advertiser December[/size]“Henry Harper, landlord of the JOLLY COLLIERS beerhouse, in Park Street, Brierley Hill, was summoned for unlawfully keeping a pit for the purpose of cock fighting. It appears that information was received by the police that a cock fight would take place at the defendant’s house on Monday the 13th. Accordingly, between one and two o’clock on that day, PC Higgs, having previously considerably altered his personal appearance by blacking his face and assuming the garb of a collier, went in the house in company with another constable in plain clothes. The Defendant was standing at the door, and he instantly recognised the constable in plain clothes, and gave an alarm to the assembled cock fighters within. PC Higgs, however, immediately ran upstairs, and there saw thirty or forty men witnessing a battle between a red and a black cock. As soon as they discovered the police were in the room they bolted by every possible means of egress the room afforded. The name of five, however, were ascertained in addition to the landlord, and they were accordingly summoned for being present at such an exhibition. PC Higgs also produced one of the cocks which he succeeded in capturing. The Bench fined Henry Harper, the landlord, and the other five, John Harper, Benjamin Lawley, Jeremiah Hickman – to whom the cock produced belonged – William Shakespeare, and John Aston.[/size]

I Love local history. :crazy:[/size] [/size]

attachicon.gifIMG-0257.jpg

Did Police suspect fowl play..?? :jester:

Sorry, coat, hat, gone already....

• Like 1

Well slap me with a wet kipper, I've just had a Doh moment in as much that I hadn't fitted the glazing before I fitted the base so I can't get to the rear of the window. Out has come the white glue and I have used it as glue and glaze, lets hope it dries clear. :crazy:

Well slap me with a wet kipper, I've just had a Doh moment in as much that I hadn't fitted the glazing before I fitted the base so I can't get to the rear of the window. Out has come the white glue and I have used it as glue and glaze, lets hope it dries clear. :crazy:

I like the effect of 'glue'n'glaze' on "old" paned windows - it produces that imperfect look of glass made in the 19th Century, which would have been the case here. :good:

• Like 1

Bodging continues with a start on the six terrace houses. Basic colour on the roofs, chimneys need flashing, gutters and downpipes yet to be fitted and final detailing etc.

post-185-0-47961800-1529854052.jpg

• Like 10

Has anyone seen Richard Grazebrook recently? He hasn't been to his usual Pub recently & we're getting worried that certain people may be out for revenge following his whistle blowing antics.

Meanwhile we wish PC Higgs a speedy recovery after his mysterious accident when a wheel came off his bike as he cycled by the cut. At least he can now claim to know what the bottom of the Stourbridge Canal looks like, as well as the surface.

;)

Hi nice layout that engine shed looks good is the corrigated iron scratchbuilt?it looks spot on.

Thank you, the corrugated iron sheets are Slaters embossed plasticard just cut into scale size sheets.