My class 26 rescue

Next step is an application of rail blue following a session with masking tape. The flushglazing has arrived after I discovered the glazing on the loco was from a class 33. I think though it will look a lot better with it fitted.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gif8DB7059F-828C-4D75-9339-E2CE2B8C4890.jpeg

I hav drilled out the old grille and fitted an A1 models grille, and now have given the ends a coat of yellow. I have also painted the fibreglass roof section

I've got a Lima 33025 that looks like that.  The paint stripper removed everything other than the white numbers and logos.  Must find the Craftsman 26 parts to do the conversion.

I like that. I am rubbish at weathering so mine will be pristine. I have chosen one without the hoods on the horn grille. You have done a good job with yours. Did you scratch build them?

Hiya, All I did make a paper template of the original cowling, and then shaped the hood with plasticard, filled and sanded, primed it, and when happy carried on with the painting.  All the mods were done before painting.

Check with photos, for a suitable prototype.

Regards Jeff

]finally finished the loco. All the detailing parts are from my scrap box and I am pleased with it even if the flush glazing was a bit of a job to fit, on the four body side windows and having to paint the window frame detail on the cab windows, but it’s done now and it’s been fun.post-29694-0-09512200-1522533595_thumb.jpegpost-29694-0-88980600-1522533614_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PM47079
  • Like 4

Guest teacupteacup

]finally finished the loco. All the detailing parts are from my scrap box and I am pleased with it even if the flush glazing was a bit of a job to fit, on the four body side windows and having to paint the window frame detail on the cab windows, but it’s done now and it’s been fun.attachicon.gifBED95A2D-4267-4D6F-B51B-3FC465709BC1.jpegattachicon.gif26F828A0-4033-4FE5-A0A2-E3647FCA5222.jpeg

Its always good to see old stock being given a new lease of life, one of the things I enjoy with modelling

Nice, for Australians lol

regards Jeff

I would be grateful if anyone can edit them the right way up. I took them on an iPad I posted them the went upside down so I edited the photos to go upside down in the hope they would go right way up and they didn’t....

Its always good to see old stock being given a new lease of life, one of the things I enjoy with modelling

Thanks I did enjoy revamping this poor old no hoper. I am tempted to try again if something nice and cheap comes along

Guest teacupteacup

Thanks I did enjoy revamping this poor old no hoper. I am tempted to try again if something nice and cheap comes along

I'm slowly working through a Lima 31 & 47, and I have a very ill Lima 37 that needs almost everything done to it! Also working through a Hornby pacer that will receive a branchlines replacement motor and gearbox.