24.5 Ton Mineral Wagons NEW TOOLING Due Late 2019

tmc

After just finishing a book on LSWR history and lines I’m surprised no ones mentioned the LSWR G6. It’s long lived, comes in a multitude of liveries compliments all the recent LSWR releases. But the main drawback I’ve seen is it’s similar to kernows recent O2. But otherwise I’m rooting for the pushpull stock to complement the G5.

Big james

Edited by Big James

Class 45 with marker light nose ........please !!!

The heading mentioned new tooling. Perhaps MZ retained the original tooling for 45048, or worse lost it.

In which case perhaps "new tooling" would be required for the flush front peak ?

Still sticking with my 21T double door mineral wagon / MDO / MDV

Just picture a train of them trundling round your South Wales layout behind an LLG 37 !!! 

• RMweb Gold

The heading mentioned new tooling. Perhaps MZ retained the original tooling for 45048, or worse lost it.

In which case perhaps "new tooling" would be required for the flush front peak ?

But for every other Modelzone commissioned model made by Kader Industries (Bachmann's parent company) in China, the tooling never left Kader's factories in China and was available for mainstream Bachmann catalogue releases after a sufficient period for Modelzone to have made their money on their investment. Why would this one, which was after all simply a modification of existing tooling, be any different. Rather more likely that either Bachmann didn't agree that another Peak was the most profitable use of what have been scarce production slots, or that the tooling has been damaged in some way so needs to take its place in a very long queue to have new components made in the toolroom, or that the rejection rate of bodies made on the modified tooling was unacceptably high so again a visit for partial retooling is required.

GER F5 2-4-2T.

I believe they were blue (post #60) and there's a new build as well, like the G5.   ;)

PS I know that DJM planned one and it didn't attract enough interest. But that was relying on crowdfunding.

Jason

I do wonder if that was the real issue considering that Crowd funding has succeeded in other projects, because apparently there were 300 responses to the survey. I wonder if it was stupid politics from the F5 group themselves, or that the guy running it got scared to start it.

Completely hack me off and ended up me giving up and selling most of the GE Region items I had been collecting (apart from some bits which I will now save for the G5) as I heavly suspect the whole affair has completely scuppered any chance of a F5 now. Why would anyone make one now if there been an failed attempt before it? Complete screw up...

As for guesses for what TMC is intending to do I would have said J21 but someone already had that one.

So I guessing either the NER Saloon on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway or a D20 4-4-0 for the hell of it.