SWAG Member's Day - 2018

Stubby47

Hope you all have a good day,I was looking forward to coming but my body decided different which i am slowly recovering now, it will be nice to see lots of photos on here please :sungum: .

Steve

Just got back home on a recovery truck after the car went into "limp mode" about 8am, two thirds of the way to Taunton.

Problem with fuel injection system apparently.

Sorry to have missed it but at least it gives someone else a chance to eat my pasty.

What a great day, thanks to everyone involved in the organisation, and to everyone who brought a demo or layout and those stalwarts manning the galley.

Shame I had to leave at 13.30, but had to get back to Cornwall for family stuff.

Some great layouts but even greater seeing people I've not seen since the last gathering.

To those I bored....sorry, to those I missed...... I'll get you next year!

ps well done to Chris T. for managing to sell me something I didn't need at all..... again!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

To those I bored....sorry, to those I missed...... I'll get you next year!

I can't imagine you bored anyone, BlackRat, but you may have driven a few over the edge in that shirt. But people were warned. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just got home after my trip to Taunton, and a great day out it was.  My thanks to everyone involved, and my apologies to anyone I didn't get to speak to. 

As seems to have become traditional at this event, my latest loco had it's first public run at Taunton, on Rob's Mutton, on Stubby's latest, and on the modular layout.  Thanks very much gentlemen.

And going against tradition, I actually got a SEAT on a Cross Country Voyager on the way home; there's a first time for everything!

All the best, Dave.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to Stu, Graham et al for putting it all together and making a grand day out. Fine deli food as usual for which thank you to CK and not to forget the very tasty homemade cake.

Also thanks to Kim and Phil for running the B and B. 'Not Captain Kernow' always makes it worthwhile with the all the pre-production goodies which always tempt...and for one to usually succumb to weakness...!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Interesting picture of someone holding mutton up with one massive hand. It's the size of Robin's head!!!

• RMweb Gold

Really good day,

Glad to put some names to faces! Didn’t get much done, a good sign that a demonstration has been successful!

Now to get on with building some wagons from the parts I did manage to cut!

And to break down my pre production 1361 into its component parts to see if I can do something with the splashers.

Now to get in with Wheal Imogen so that I can offer it for next year...

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I can only repeat the thanks to everyone involved with putting on the day, as usual it was a relaxed and friendly few hours and a nice antidote to the turbulent last few months. Have to say Rob's done a lovely job with Mutton and Stu's multi level job will be very impressive when the lower levels are completed.

I picked up a book on Plymouth's Hidden Railways from Simon (Titfield Thunderbolt) which is full of inspiration. I must resist the possibility of being sidetracked from the still non-existing North Devon scheme..!

• Like 5

Jamest,Matlough and I had a fantastic day. We wish to thank all the organisers a big thank you, and to see people we talk to on RMweb. A few photo's of Feltham Road MPD's working for today

post-3746-0-05418900-1525024660_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-55258300-1525024682_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAY NORWOOD
  • Like 12

Interesting picture of someone holding mutton up with one massive hand. It's the size of Robin's head!!!

I think that I was looking at a completely different layout ! ( I really cannot state enough that it was nothing to do with me ....Yeah right ! )

post-20303-0-66933600-1525025013_thumb.jpg

Oh! And by the way its given me inspiration for mine so hands off the name !!!  :jester:

Yours

A Bull In A Layout Shop

• Like 2

Jamest,Matlough and I had a fantastic day. We wish to thank all the organisers a big thank you, and to see people we talk to on RMweb. A few photo's of Feltham Road MPD's working for today

attachicon.gif20180429_135551.jpg

attachicon.gif20180429_125314.jpg

I thank you !

post-20303-0-57851200-1525025431_thumb.jpg

Candid Camera

p.s. You've even got your name stuck to the side of you head too mate !

Edited by bgman
  • Like 4

Meanwhile, whilst the owner of Pencarrow sloped off for his tea a GW Pannier accompanied by a Mink and Bloater crept into the station.

It would seem that they Suvvern chaps aren't too keen by the looks on their faces !!!

post-20303-0-80612900-1525026037_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-20104700-1525026225_thumb.jpeg

G

• Like 6