If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello, returning to the hobby

Tic-toc

Hi,

After a break of several years, I've decided to return to the hobby, not that I didn't keep up-to-date, I just haven't done any modelling.

What brought me back was (now this is pinpointed, eh?), was Bachmann's 009 Quarry Hunslet, a type which I've always admired.

So, needless to mention, I'll be planning in 009, but, not a layout, a working diorama. Directly inspired by "Blacketty Water", created by Mark Greenwood.

Eventually, however, I'd like to create a modular layout with a series of working dioramas.

This does give scope to allow focus on certain individual features, as oppose to a single layout crammed with everything imaginable. Plus, they can be swapped around to create domething different, or different operational challenges.

But, it's still just in my head, with a start made with locomotives and rolling stock in the form of a Ruston and some wagons, all 3D printed from Shapeways. But more on them in a different section of the forum (maybe with some pics).

Thank you and I hope I can help just as much as being helped here on this forum.

Thank you,

Adam.

• Like 2

I recently returned to the hobby after a bit of a break, although I haunted the forum for a bit just in case the moderators got bored.

Did you know that there is a forum rule which states all new members must buy Boris a beer?

Hi Adam,

There is also a rule on the forum to never trust a new forum member to the hands of a Boris. You should also never get a Boris wet or feed a Boris after midnight. The amount of cleaning up and repairs we had to do after the last time was frankly unbelievable...

Welcome to the madhouse!

All the best,

Castle

Welcome (back) Adam!

But frankly, your explanation for returning to the hobby does not cut the mustard. There are many of us on here that have not, in the strictest sense of the word, done any modelling for the past several years (buying stuff, yes, but real modelling, no), despite best intentions....... 

That includes me until the last year or so, and that only consists of building a simple test track (for indoor 00) and laying lots of concrete, but no track fixed down as yet until Mr Sunshine comes out a bit longer (for an outdoor jobbie).

So, you are by no means alone.  :angel:

• Like 1