HD Neverwazza transfers

Hey folks,

Got a little restoration project on my hands of a 3 rail N2. I already own two of these, luckily different numbers/details, so this third one will go into something, hopefully, a bit different.

I have been toying with the idea of repainting the loco in GCR passenger green, however, I have hit a stumbling block with transfers. Fox transfers do the lining for the side tanks and bunkers, but i'm not well versed with transfers, so unfortunately i don't want risk making a mess of them. I know there are dedicated places to get Hornby Dublo transfers, but all of these seem to be original designs and not something different.

I just wondered does anyone have any recommendations for people who print custom transfers? my idea being that instead of searching for the GC writing for years, I could get some made that i can get on in one go. Presfix I would like to use because apparently this is easier than waterslide and meths fix. 

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Denis Williams, the Dublo Surgeon, does a lot of the Dublo styles But with a lot of variations not just the original numbers. I have used his 0-6-2, 2-6-4, A4's etc many times. They are unfortunately meths fix which you are not keen on but I like them better than any other. If you are unsure of their application I have done a video on YouTube abut using them.

Garry

• Like 1

Hey folks,

Got a little restoration project on my hands of a 3 rail N2. I already own two of these, luckily different numbers/details, so this third one will go into something, hopefully, a bit different.

I have been toying with the idea of repainting the loco in GCR passenger green, however, I have hit a stumbling block with transfers. Fox transfers do the lining for the side tanks and bunkers, but i'm not well versed with transfers, so unfortunately i don't want risk making a mess of them. I know there are dedicated places to get Hornby Dublo transfers, but all of these seem to be original designs and not something different.

I just wondered does anyone have any recommendations for people who print custom transfers? my idea being that instead of searching for the GC writing for years, I could get some made that i can get on in one go. Presfix I would like to use because apparently this is easier than waterslide and meths fix. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Fox lining transfer sets are fine being waterslide.I use them almost to exclusion of other manufacturers transfers.The trick with lining tenders & other flat surfaces is to cut the lining transfer into four or possibly more,It`s much easier than trying to juggle a whole panel whilst trying to get the lines straight & they don`t dry so quickly,easy to apply with a small wet paint brush.As can be seen on the tender of my restored Barnstaple renamed Crediton.

Ray

post-4249-0-09367900-1521848364_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Ooops... I read GNR not GCR! And forgot the fact this is a neverwazzas thread!

Drop me a PM with the dimensions for the relevant sections of the loco (I.E. which bits you require artwork for, a bit like the above sheet) and I'll see what I can do.

• Like 1

Ooops... I read GNR not GCR! And forgot the fact this is a neverwazzas thread!

Drop me a PM with the dimensions for the relevant sections of the loco (I.E. which bits you require artwork for, a bit like the above sheet) and I'll see what I can do.

Nice one mate will do! i'll try and get it measured up!

• Like 1