N gauge diorama called the cutting

Guest ShildonShunter

Guest ShildonShunter

Will complete grass today then I'm waiting for ballast and pipettes arriving so will update progress next week so at least now I can plan out my next CBC in OO scale as I have purchased a base and backboard from scale model scenery.;)

Edited by ShildonShunter

Guest ShildonShunter

Little update grassing completed apart from the bits at the bottom of the rock face this will be done once ballast has arrived and laid then I can concentrate on some bits of follage and moss. Hope you like the pictures.

post-33479-0-56751900-1522497342_thumb.jpgpost-33479-0-78967600-1522497383_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Kevin.

It's looking good, can't wait to see the finished diorama.

Jerry.

Thanks Jerry for your comments nothing else I can do until ballast arrives early next week.:)

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi managed to finish the blasting today needs to dry out properly now will start and add follage and bushes once dried.

post-33479-0-49240100-1522935960_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi all thanks for all your suggestions and great comments this type of modelling is still new to me but I welcome advice and suggestions. The CB is coming along nicely and I will be completing follage and moss tomorrow.:)

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi it's been a while but I have managed to complete the follage and undergrowth with in the CBC I have used a class 04 diesel shunter which looks great in the cutting. All to do now is to add some sheep on the hills and a couple of train spotter. Here are some pictures.

post-33479-0-87757500-1523535758_thumb.jpgpost-33479-0-47878200-1523535780_thumb.jpgpost-33479-0-12360200-1523535796_thumb.jpgpost-33479-0-47823300-1523535849_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Guest ShildonShunter

Very nice! And heres a little suggestion, how about one or two stray cows or sheep on the top of either/both embankments?

Thanks for your comments Andrew two minds must think alike just ordered some..:)

Guest ShildonShunter

Looks great! A train spotter will make a nice touch to the scene.

Thanks Luke just a few stray sheep and train spotter to add and then I think it will be complete.:)

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi all in just waiting for some sheep and a trainspotter to arrive so I can add these to my CBC then all should be complete.:)

I like your diorama, I work on the railway and such cuttings can  be damp or water-logged with static  water to contend with,  a piece of mirror glass laid flat with ballast and earth glued on top makes a decent show of a puddle. i also like to see  the visual appeal of  of a drainage course running in the cess, either as an open man-made ditch or as a grid over a vertical shaft  leading to a buried drain

Edited by Pandora

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Pandora thanks for your comments and definitely something I did not think of while modelling my diorama.:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Kevin

Your CBC looks the business, I have very much enjoyed the progress of the build from start to finish and the end result is something to be proud of.

Perhaps one last photo with the sheep and train spotter?