• 3 weeks later...

Well its been a long time since the last update and not a lot has been done. As some of you probably know, my full attention has been on Cronton Colliery sheds finished for the deadline and now that deadline is over I can relax now. Sort of. Not. Well here is a picture of the baseboard which has been painted black with acrylic paint. I find it gives it a more professional look which I quite like. post-32204-0-47509400-1524769004_thumb.jpg Thanks for looking and your patience.

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Luke it's nice to see that you have resumed work back on the 09 micro layout after your excellent work on the CBC. I like the black paint you have applied on your base.;)

Guest ShildonShunter

I think you might be confusing me with someone else. I haven't done a cake box challenge..... Yet.

Sorry Luke I meant your colliery sheds layout mate.:)

• RMweb Premium

With the woodland scenic grass, I did some a bit ago, which has since gone again with a track rebuild. I agree it will look better if you mix packs, some light green and some straw. What I did was pull some out of the pack, cut it across the middle to get a roughly square end and put the two half bunches together, then put a “puddle” of glue on the board where I wanted a tuft, and planted the square end in it. When it had dried, do a rough snip with scissors to get the length of tuft I wanted, and take care here that it doesn’t look all the same length, then tap the bit you’ve cut off to get the end squared up again, and on to the next tuft. It’s a job that is done in little short goes, with big waits for the glue to set and you do something else.