Birmingham Castle Street. BR Late Crest What if Terminus. 1965

danstercivicman

Hi Dan, The curvature makes it look so much more believable.

Would there be room for a low relief Building and narrow Platform along the top as a Parcels Office, then Railings along the back / top of the main Platform so that the Parcels was a totally separate enterprise?

post-22023-0-22741100-1527452409_thumb1.jpg

That's the plan :)

I've been very inspired by Finsbury Square so I'm thinking low relief parcels like that. I may even have a cut out like Smallwood so people can see inside :)

• Like 1

Abit like this:

Not sure how wide that Platform would be, but is there enough width for a Bay Platform for a 2 or 3 Car DMU?

It would probably need a Double Slip to feed it.

post-9335-0-49434200-1527540888.jpg

• Like 1

You could put a double slip on the inbound line opposite where it's suggested above, and by swapping the trailing & facing crossovers around you would remove the double reverse curve into the bottom platform.

I'd also put a centre road or two in...

• Like 1

You could put a double slip on the inbound line opposite where it's suggested above, and by swapping the trailing & facing crossovers around you would remove the double reverse curve into the bottom platform.

I'd also put a centre road or two in...

Hello,

I am never sure how to figure the cross overs to ensure best running and removing the reverse curves...

I like the idea of the DMU bay :)

No centre roads- the idea is to cut down on space/points etc :)

post-22023-0-45262500-1527542604_thumb.jpg

Edited by danstercivicman
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hello,

I am never sure how to figure the cross overs to ensure best running and removing the reverse curves...

I like the idea of the DMU bay :)

No centre roads- the idea is to cut down on space/points etc :)

Given that this is clearly a space constrained layout in an urban setting, maybe replacing the two crossings with a scissors would be more prototypical.  This could then be even further shortened by merging the two points at the station throat into the scissors, by replacing them with double slips.  So six points you have currently become just one scissors containing two double slips and two points.   This would allow you to lengthen the platforms a bit as well, or allow more of a gentle transition curve leading towards the fiddle yard.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...