Hornby O Gauge Set

sem34090

It's very addictive....

The family decided to watch one of their wretched 'chick-flicks' today. For a change, it was quite decent - all about a Lionel train set from 1949 (Red Rocket Express - the film is 'Holiday Affair' in glorious monochrome!  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041473/).Apparently it cost $79.99 (£20-30 depending which side of the contemporary devaluation of sterling you are - from $4 = £1 to £2.8 = £1. Repainted for the film, but you got 2 ATSF F3As* and 4 heavyweight passenger cars.. Apparently the (then) young actor still has the train. As a unique film prop, it must be priceless.

*New items that year.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 2

It was a several page article in the mag, with photos and interviews. I only get it electronically, so I’ll see if the subscription will still let me see it, then post details.

Incidentally, Swmbo bought me the subscription one year ages ago for my birthday, and it seems to perpetually self-renew ......... maybe I should mention to her that her credit card is getting tapped every year ........ cos it’s not actually a very good magazine, and even at electronic price not really good value.

• Like 2