Unwanted advertising from BRM

cctransuk

Have BRM appointed a new, overly enthusiastic advertising person?

Last week I got an e-mail trying to sell me advertising space - I deleted it as I do not advertise anywhere.

Today, I received through the post a complimentary copy of BRM, accompanied by exactly the same advertising sales pitch that was in last weeks's deleted e-mail.

Now I have just received another unsolicited e-mail :-

73536848-8e31-492e-8c2f-7f3f39a7b809.png

6b36d74a-7073-4e20-a730-3b72f305ebcc.jpg This weekend only.... 

Download the BRM Digital Edition for just £1.99 a month

The benefits of the BRM Digital Edition
  • Full BRM TV footage included
  • Exclusive, extra videos
  • Exclusive, extra layout images
  • Bonus Trackplans
  • A minimum of 4 free railway magazines every year
  • The UK’s best model railways
  • Expert modelling advice
  • The latest product news & reviews
f937839b-a225-40ac-8449-07068ad337c7.jpg

13 issues a year for the ridiculously low price of £23.88!

If receiving loads of unsolicited advertising is the price of RMweb membership, then I may have to consider cancelling my membership !!

I thought that the use of stored personal data for unsolicited advertising required the recipient's consent?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Click here to buy

• Like 1

If receiving loads of unsolicited advertising is the price of RMweb membership, then I may have to consider cancelling my membership !!

I thought that the use of stored personal data for unsolicited advertising required the recipient's consent?

Thanks for highlighting the offer (a rather good one really); every little helps. ;)

Anyway; you will have only received emails if you have opted into our database at some point; if you wish to unsubscribe then there is a link at the bottom of the email - that's all you need to do.

BTW - RMweb does not run on fresh air; hosting, servers and bandwidth do cost real money. The site has remained free to access at all times for users including the last 6 years under Warner's ownership. If you ever do need to advertise we have the largest combined reach to modellers of any of the publishing groups. This is the end of this public service announcement.

• Like 9