2 replies to this topic

#1 Brasskingfisher

Brasskingfisher

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:23

Well Ladies and Menfolk, here we are again with another cakebox (mainly because I can). I'm calling this one Return of the Grot in reference to my first CBC 'The Grot Box'.

20180416_201154.jpg

The main difference here is the base (being a 3 ply lamination of card rather than ply). The shed is a cut down metcalfe kit (so as to fit into the box), the coal staithes and hut are from a Wills kit and the wagon is a Parkside Dundas kit with appropriate transfers from HMRS and a real coal load.

I hadn't actually intended to go down the route of heavy weathering again, but it seems to work, and offers something of a USP (so to speak) to my work since weathering (especially heavy weathering) doesn't seem to be much in vouge atm.

Any thoughts please?

• Like x 1

#2 009 micro modeller

009 micro modeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:53

I think it looks very good and I particularly like the detailed weathering on the shed roof. The only slight problem I can see is that the track has fairly large structures on both sides which makes viewing difficult but perhaps you are viewing from the end looking along the track.

#3 Brasskingfisher

Brasskingfisher

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 20:27

Well, I'll be honest, I'm none too happy with the quality of this picture. I may attempt to get some better ones at some point in the future.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heavy weathering, shed, cakebox, cakebox challenge