New Heljan UK Operations Boss Announced...

John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

Just seen this on Social Media.  Interesting development!

Changeover Time at Heljan UK

2018 will see some changes in Heljan’s UK operation as Martyn Sanders retires after 15 years at the helm. His replacement will be former Model Rail and BRM editor Ben Jones, who will gradually take over responsibility for the company’s British outline products over the next few months.

The role covers tasks such as product selection, research and development, UK marketing and attending major model railway shows with the Heljanteam. Ben will also work with UK retailers on special commissions, which are an increasingly important part of the company’s output.

Martyn will continue to be part of the Heljan family as a consultant on ongoing new projects and special commissions.

Ben has more than 20 years experience in model railway retail, publishing and product development with Rails of Sheffield, Bauer Media, Warners Group, and various others as an independent consultant since 2017.

Heljan Managing Director Kim Nannestad said: “I'm really happy to welcome Ben to the Heljan family. With his experience and extensive knowledge of the British railway scene, he will be a real asset to us over the coming years.”

Ben added: “I’m delighted to be joining Heljan at such an exciting time. I’m really looking forward to working with Kim and the team on existing projects, and developing some new ones for the future. I’m also looking forward to meeting plenty of loyal Heljan customers later this year at Telford and the Warley NEC show.”

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This is perhaps the best piece of news to emerge on the model rail front for a long time.No one knows the score better than Ben Jones...from both sides of the fence.All the more so is this reassuring considering a recent disappointing response from Heljan with regard to issues with their new OO GW 47XX.We look forward to sunnier days under Ben's leadership.A warm welcome from this forum member.

• Like 4

All the more so is this reassuring considering a recent disappointing response from Heljan with regard to issues with their new OO GW 47XX.

I've already given him a prod for a better response.

Don't want him spinning round in his fancy chair when there's work to be done. ;)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

At least he knows what the Internet is and how to communicate with customers and consider their views and opinions. That'll be a huge improvement judging from current Heljan practice based, on their own comments.