Some 7mm coaches and wagons ive built

sulzerstuart

Hello,

not sure if this will work but here is a video/slideshow of some of the coaches and wagons I have built in the past for other folk.

A Taff Valley Railway four wheel coach with nice tumblehomes. (first coach and brass item built for someone else)

A Toad brake

A Cordon tank

A milk tank (6 wheel)

An LMS Vent Van

A 14xx (first attempt at brass work)

Also a P4 Beames 0-8-4t built by a friend 'Norman' ex signaller Crewe bank, Salop...Sorry! Ive lost touch!

Cheers

Some more steam, traction and train videos if you look for ApiaristicOne on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJtmu70VIJbn6rtXfSWSZHA

Edited by sulzerstuart
  • Like 2

Cool, I’ve always had a soft spot for parcels vans, the brass handles and fittings are icing on the cake. :-)

Thanks very much!  Yes the SR parcels was a long time making to get right.  The windows were two layers of brass etch loctited together and then some thin clear plastic (profiterole container from Mand S) epoxied behind.  The brass fittings were individually filed to get them flat on the surface and on the surface of the handles where I could. It did take a long time fitting them as I had to pre drill the spot where they went; and the holes weren't always marked in the plastic.

Spray painted from a can, lettered and then satin varnish sprayed on top.

The roof, as were the sides and bottom, were each made of two pieces end butted and welded together.  The roof took many sandings after filling the slight discrepancy between the two halves. Several spray paint coats later... The new owner was amazed that it was two separate pieces.

Stu

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...