LARGE LOGO SALUTE

Strathwood

• RMweb Gold

LARGE LOGO SALUTE

Another exciting new 96 page large format landscape colour album, this time depicting a whole host of locomotive classes wearing Large Logo liveries. With views from the 1980s through to 2018, we record some of the many livery variations and oddballs from Classes 20, 26, 31, 37, 47, 50, 73, 86, 87, 56 and 58, along with a few surprises too... Utilising the finest colour photographs from some of the nation's best cameramen, all supported with fascinating and detailed captions.

Proceeds from this title will help to support the activities and the locomotives of The Class 50 Alliance, The Deltic Preservation Society and The Class 56 Group.

Inside we have colour photographs from the archives looking at each of the different classes to wear Large Logo paint schemes, all selected to make this a real treat for fans of the Large Logo liveries, another one to definitely add to your collection.

96 Pages full colour printed on glossy art paper, larger landscape format. HARDBACK

£22.95 Out on 25 May 2018 from Strathwood

post-10498-0-12984700-1525098478.jpg

Edited by Strathwood
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Superb selection of photos. Was not expecting to see one of 66789 included! Does mean that you won't be able to say delays are due to the Chinese in the future though.

These were printed in the Czech Republic so they get trucked over to the warehouse in Bedford, much easier than the " Chinese Takeaway " option.

A word to the wise for those contemplating this title especially, as a check through the warehouse this morning revealed there are only just on 200 copies left, won't be remaindering these I am sure.

It might be more expensive per unit with shorter print runs, but then I don't have to store them for ages which costs a fortune.

Kevin

I obtained a copy of this book from the Ian Allen shop at Waterloo along with he class 40 one.

Kevin, Excellent in a word, However, I don't know if it stretches for the entire print run but the aforementioned picture of 66789 in my copy is quite pixelated, almost like its a mobile phone picture blown up too big. This is the first time ever that I've noticed a picture that is poor quality in the 40+ Strathwood books I own.

regards

dan

• RMweb Gold

I obtained a copy of this book from the Ian Allen shop at Waterloo along with he class 40 one.

Kevin, Excellent in a word, However, I don't know if it stretches for the entire print run but the aforementioned picture of 66789 in my copy is quite pixelated, almost like its a mobile phone picture blown up too big. This is the first time ever that I've noticed a picture that is poor quality in the 40+ Strathwood books I own.

regards

dan

Hmm I agree although its only minor it seems to have been corrupted somehow during the preparation process, apologies must try harder my end, it didn't show up at all on the proofs.

Kevin

Edited by Strathwood

• RMweb Premium

Hmm I agree although its only minor it seems to have been corrupted somehow during the preparation process, apologies must try harder my end, it didn't show up at all on the proofs.

Kevin

I must say I didn't notice until it was pointed out. Older images are not quite so clinically sharp as modern digital ones, so less noticeable than if on its own.

Kevin

Kevin, it was by no means a dig at you. your publications are excellent.

The 66 is a bit of a paradox on rails for me, 'cos as much as I dislike the things (as an enthusiast) I wholeheartedly appreciate the sentiment, especially its name.

I know this is a bit picky but I've always preferred the term 'Revised Blue' rather than 'large logo'.

Splitting hairs, I know.

• RMweb Premium

Just finished reading my copy; well, what an excellent book. As well as all the excellent and interesting pictures, what suprised me is the vast number of differences in the livery from loco to loco. Gives plenty of ideas for personalising individual locos, or lots of choice for shops wanting to produce a limited edition model.

Looking forward to reading the other four new books, glad I bought the full set.

• RMweb Premium

The 66 is a bit of a paradox on rails for me, 'cos as much as I dislike the things (as an enthusiast) I wholeheartedly appreciate the sentiment, especially its name.

I know this is a bit picky but I've always preferred the term 'Revised Blue' rather than 'large logo'.

Splitting hairs, I know.

But revised blue would have ruled out photos in railfreight grey, which also had the larger double arrows, and “revised blue” does rather imply a different blue hue. That being said I was expecting a book of Large Logo Blue photos, but I’m pleased it isn’t!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A word to the wise, we are down to the last 70 copies of this title in our warehouse already, whilst a number of retailers may well still have copies, including the Fifty Fund and the Deltic Preservation Society the run on this title just before Father's Day was impressive, so don't hang back we won't be discounting these help the preservation movement and purchase directly from them when you can.

Our next five titles;

Steam Lament British Railways Standard Pacifics

Steam Lament British Railways Standard Class 9Fs

Steam Lament British Railways Standard 4-6-0s & Moguls

Steam Lament British Railways Standard Tank Locomotives

Steam and the Scrapyards

These are all expected to be delivered to us late July, again I am happy with the shorter print runs from our perspective.

More details on these soon.

Kevinpost-10498-0-88582000-1529481826_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hi Kevin

I love Seventies Spotting Days Around the Scottish Region and never get tired of flicking through it. I don't suppose you have plans for a follow up?

Best wishes

Max

Hello Max,

No direct follow up planned as the last two volumes in the Seventies Spotting Days series, one each for the ECML and the WCML will be released in September. However, there are two more Seventies Diesel & Electric Days Remembered in preparation just now for 2019, with a generous Scottish content.

Kevin

• RMweb Gold

My copy arrived today and is excellent, just surprised there's no image of 56036 as it's where it all started! I remember working with it almost ex works at Coalville.

Simple answer to that about question on 56036, is we could couldn't find a shot of the beast in sunshine all the shots we found were on very dull days, having said that, no doubt someone will come out of the woodwork with one but will they allow us to publish, that's another matter as usual.

Glad you like the books.

Kevin

Simple answer to that about question on 56036, is we could couldn't find a shot of the beast in sunshine all the shots we found were on very dull days, having said that, no doubt someone will come out of the woodwork with one but will they allow us to publish, that's another matter as usual.

Glad you like the books.

Kevin

To think of the number of times I clambered on and of the thing, sitting in Drakelow or Rugeley power stations. Still like you say, someone somewhere. I know of at at least 2 3000plus slide collection which have never seen the light of day!

• RMweb Gold

To think of the number of times I clambered on and of the thing, sitting in Drakelow or Rugeley power stations. Still like you say, someone somewhere. I know of at at least 2 3000plus slide collection which have never seen the light of day!

Get them to give us a call before it's too late.

Kevin

Hello Max,

No direct follow up planned as the last two volumes in the Seventies Spotting Days series, one each for the ECML and the WCML will be released in September. However, there are two more Seventies Diesel & Electric Days Remembered in preparation just now for 2019, with a generous Scottish content.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin

Looking forward to these new titles.

Cheers

Max

• RMweb Gold

A word to the wise, we are down to the last 70 copies of this title in our warehouse already, whilst a number of retailers may well still have copies, including the Fifty Fund and the Deltic Preservation Society the run on this title just before Father's Day was impressive, so don't hang back we won't be discounting these help the preservation movement and purchase directly from them when you can.

Our next five titles;

Steam Lament British Railways Standard Pacifics

Steam Lament British Railways Standard Class 9Fs

Steam Lament British Railways Standard 4-6-0s & Moguls

Steam Lament British Railways Standard Tank Locomotives

Steam and the Scrapyards

These are all expected to be delivered to us late July, again I am happy with the shorter print runs from our perspective.

More details on these soon.

Kevinattachicon.gifaLARGE-LOGO-SALUTE.jpg

A couple of copies at each of the Severn Valleys book shops at Kidderminster and Bewdley. Also the Western, Class 40 and Class 50 books. The Deltic book harder to find - I think I got their last copy. Deltic book is superb :)

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

A couple of copies at each of the Severn Valleys book shops at Kidderminster and Bewdley. Also the Western, Class 40 and Class 50 books. The Deltic book harder to find - I think I got their last copy. Deltic book is superb :)

A quick heads up as we are down to just twenty-two copies of Large Logo Salute in the warehouse, we will not be doing a reprint, even though we only published it a few months ago in May 2018, so be quick guys.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A quick heads up as we are down to just twenty-two copies of Large Logo Salute in the warehouse, we will not be doing a reprint, even though we only published it a few months ago in May 2018, so be quick guys.

Kevin

Last seven copies now, be quick.

Kevin