Colas Class 70

RateTheFreight

They are just being prototypical, if you remember the first batch of the real thing sat on the docks at Liverpool for 2-3 weeks before being collected

Jim, I fully understand and that’s why we have asked for proof of loading to ship to know we are as scheduled, As a missed boat can lead to serious delays. We’ve never had an issue yet and the only delays have been in HK waiting customrekease which can take up to a week for clearance...

This was a light hearted conversation until it got heavy !!

Edited by martin_l_jones

• RMweb Gold

Jim, I fully understand and that’s why we have asked for proof of loading to ship to know we are as scheduled, As a missed boat can lead to serious delays. We’ve never had an issue yet and the only delays have been in HK waiting customrekease which can take up to a week for clearance...

This was a light hearted conversation until it got heavy !!

Mate its a model, it arrives when it arrives. Far more important things in the world to worry about ......

It'll be here soon and then we can go on to worrying about the delays for the other models .....

Think of it this way - the longer it takes to arrive - the more money you have in your bank account !

To be fair everything from China for all manufacturers seems to be delayed at present must be a conspiracy to do with North Korea or something! However the big yellow ball in the sky is out so I am going to play out for a bit and come back when me mum shouts me in for tea- those were the days!

Mark

As someone whos normally fairly laid back, i'm afraid the "it arrives when it arrives" attitude is what is allowing companies like Bachmann, Hornby etc continue with their inflated prices of products to the extent they do. In doing so, they are killing the hobby. (Not a dig at the poster, just a personal issue. We, the customer, spend thousands of pounds on models, and don't expect to be let down! (Further footnote, I'm no rivet counter!))

Considering the original expectation was November 2017, this is highly embarrassing for Bachmann. 

As someone whos normally fairly laid back, i'm afraid the "it arrives when it arrives" attitude is what is allowing companies like Bachmann, Hornby etc continue with their inflated prices of products to the extent they do. In doing so, they are killing the hobby. (Not a dig at the poster, just a personal issue. We, the customer, spend thousands of pounds on models, and don't expect to be let down! (Further footnote, I'm no rivet counter!))

Considering the original expectation was November 2017, this is highly embarrassing for Bachmann.

Be careful you’ll have the “I love Bachmann brigade”after you !

i'm afraid the "it arrives when it arrives" attitude is what is allowing companies like Bachmann, Hornby etc continue with their inflated prices of products to the extent they do. In doing so, they are killing the hobby. 

I really can't be doing with such comments; you want them to produce lower specification models or reduce their profits (when they have any) so you can have a cheaper hobby? I don't see any evidence they are killing anything by widening their ranges and producing higher quality models. And how do delays to models 'kill' anything? If the prices are out of reach, live within your means and make do with what you can afford. It's not a problem that society has just had to deal with; generations have gone through far harder times.

Be careful you’ll have the “I love Bachmann brigade”after you !

I would hate to disappoint so I have proved you right so you can sit there feeling a little bit more righteous. Do enjoy it, no need to thank me. (It's not about loving anyone in particular, it's just something that comes from exposure to more facts and information than those who wish to cling to their beliefs that they are hard done by.)

I would hate to disappoint so I have proved you right so you can sit there feeling a little bit more righteous. Do enjoy it, no need to thank me. (It's not about loving anyone in particular, it's just something that comes from exposure to more facts and information than those who wish to cling to their beliefs that they are hard done by.)

I’m not dissapointointed by anything apart from your comments.

We all understand this is a hobby but No business will survive without sales.

Whether it is all down to China I doubt that, I have purchased lots of products manufactured by Bachmann but it is very frustrating the way the business deliveres it’s products, or not in this case.

The biggest dissapointment I find about the forum is to get critiqued for having a say.

I will close my membership so you don’t have to kick me off.

Do we know or are we privy to the reasons for the delay ? No I thought not patience used to be a virtue but clearly it no longer is. It is only a hobby and not a matter of life and death

“ inflated prices “ has often been shown to be misleading. There are relatively no more expensive than 50 years ago.

I’m sure Bachmann would rather get this stuff to us ASAP, but it comes along way and the process appears complicated ( if you read the Bachmann mag and the procedure of actually making models )

Also this thing is sold out at the warehouse,,, which means many retailers will be getting them and their must be demand.

Yes. Just received confirmation that ours are arriving tomorrow. Fantastic!
Should be able to get them up for sale tonight all being well.

Update: All now sold, and I believe that was our only opportunity to sell them.

Edited by martinC37LG
  • Like 2

Yes. Just received confirmation that ours are arriving tomorrow. Fantastic!

Should be able to get them up for sale tonight all being well.

Update: And they are as of now

They didn't last long....

I managed to get one though!

• Like 1

Mine arrived first thing Friday from Kernow Model Rail Centre, always a superb service and as I had both the Freightliner and Colas on order, the postage was free. You cannot get better service! 

Bring on another Colas 70/8 in 2019, with the updated Colas safety helmet.