Dampfspektakel 2018 Trier

adb968008

31A wrote ...  "I wasn't able to photograph the V100 on our train, but there were other diesels involved.  V60 (now classes 362-364) 0-6-0 DH number V60 447 was busy working empty trains between the depot / sidings and the station.  As far as I could tell this is still owned by DB (according to the 2013 Platform 5 book) and as such seemed to have been painted in a 'retro' livery.

attachicon.gifP1020717.jpg   ... "

History of the now Privately owned V60 above ......

https://www.rangierdiesel.de/index.php?nav=1405211&lang=1&id=10618&action=portrait

HTH.

Meld

Edited by meld

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for finding that out - mystery solved!  The note "D" in the Platform 5 book indicating "Departmental Use" must be what this entry on the web site for 2005 refers to "... equipment in internal use", evidently sold into private ownership in 2016:

Einsatz im Kombiwerk Saarbrücken, Saarbrücken [als Gerät im internen Verschub]

Interesting that the private owner has retained the automatic coupling; I wonder what he uses the loco for?  I presume the clue as to private ownership (which I had overlooked previously) is in the NVR number.  Otherwise, it seems to have been very nicely restored to early DB livery.

Edit:  Just looked more closely at the pictures on the linked web site, and the most recent ones of it in DB service show a different kind of auto coupling.  Some of the ones of it in private ownership (with new coupling) show it at Bad Herrenalb station, surrounded by Karlsruhe trams - perhaps it is used on that system in some capacity, although there also seem to be summertime steam passenger trains from there:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahnhof_Bad_Herrenalb

Edited by 31A
  • Like 1