Layout built into dining table video

Wombat66

Hi All,

My brother had 2 fleischmann n gauge stater sets tucked away for many years.

We had no real areas to build a layout, so we came up with an idea to build one into a new dining table.

Over the last few years my old man, my brother and I have been working on this project.

It was our first real model railway and we are extremely happy with the end result.

I hope I have shared this in the right place, we are keen to hear some feedback.

We are now planning a couple of new builds that will be a little more complicated.

Thanks,

Glenn

Edited by Wombat66
  • Like 1

Hi All,

My brother had 2 fleischmann n gauge stater sets tucked away for many years.

We had no real areas to build a layout, so we came up with an idea to build one into a new dining table.

Over the last few years my old man, my brother and I have been working on this project.

It was our first real model railway and we are extremely happy with the end result.

I hope I have shared this in the right place, we are keen to hear some feedback.

We are now planning a couple of new builds that will be a little more complicated.

Thanks,

Glenn

https://youtu.be/TC7SfeVZNSs 

There is a space at the end of the link in the above post which prevents the file from loading. Gives a 404 Not Found. To view the file, copy the link  and delete the space at the end.

John

I like the idea of the unexpected railway - when you have people round to dinner, do you cover it with a tablecloth, finish pudding, clear away the plates, and then whip the table cloth off with a flourish?

There is a space at the end of the link in the above post which prevents the file from loading. Gives a 404 Not Found. To view the file, copy the link  and delete the space at the end.

John

Thank you John,

I have deleted the space.

Cheers,

Glenn

I like the idea of the unexpected railway - when you have people round to dinner, do you cover it with a tablecloth, finish pudding, clear away the plates, and then whip the table cloth off with a flourish?

Haha, you could!

So far any time we have eaten at the table we can't help but watch the trains go round underneath.

Kids love it, but it doesn't help getting them to eat :)

Glenn

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...