Mickleover MRG announce Eastfield tool van at Derby show

Andy Y

"For our second oo gauge limited edition model, we have chosen to continue the classic theme of the 1980s and early 1990s. We are proud to release our second model today at the Derby Roundhouse, and once again it has a Scottish connection which will no doubt please many of our existing 37114 customers. It is one of the Eastfield re-railing train tool vans, in the form of a Bachmann BR MK1 BG in engineers yellow with black chevrons, accurately depicting number ADB 977155QRV featuring the iconic Highland terrier motifs of Glasgow Eastfield depot.

The model is accurate for the period, and faithfully represented as per our philosophy of providing the 1980s and 1990s modeller with sought after, accurate locomotives and rolling stock which they can put straight into service or renumber to something else with minimal work. In addition to this, we will be announcing another Scottish locomotive in the next few months which will continue the same theme, so watch this space for that release.

For those of you who have ordered our previous class 37114 Dunrobin Castle, if things go to plan you will have been sent advance notice of this release via email as a thank you, so you will be able to get your order in straight away on the release date so you don’t miss out. We are currently redesigning the MMRG website, so if the online order form isn’t available right now don’t panic..we’re on it and it’ll be up and running as soon as we can, so keep checking back. As per our class 37114, there will be no money payable up front and we will be in touch when the models arrive to arrange payment. The current expected delivery date is 4th quarter 2018/1st quarter 2019.

The estimated RRP is £47.95* + p&p, and all profits from this model will be used to fund the urgent rebuilding of the clubrooms of Mickleover Model Railway Group (MMRG), and therefore keep our club and the Derby show rolling, so we’d like to thank you in advance for your continued support. We really do appreciate it!

Optional weathering is available at a cost of £10 extra. This will be done by Alex Carpenter (Lochnagar) of MMRG/Rail Express magazine, tick the box on the paper/online form when ordering if you would like this option.

I’ll keep you up to date on this thread, so please feel free to follow it! Artwork has been received, checked and approved in early April, and things are well underway. We will have the mock up BG along with sound fitted and weathered examples of 37114 on the club stand..featuring ‘diorama’ Meadow Lane TMD. Come along and say hello.. we’ll be happy to have a chat about the models.

So for now, here are some pictures of the handpainted mock up, and the official approved artwork from Bachmann."

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3063.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

39-175W Artwork.pdf

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

In addition to this, we will be announcing another Scottish locomotive in the next few months which will continue the same theme, so watch this space for that release.

Good Morning,

Good luck with this. Having previously ordered Dunrobin Castle I received the advanced notice e-mail which was a nice touch. However I've decided against a purchase. Well you've promised another Scottish loco in a few months so I'm setting some monies aside. Almost certain you'll get an order from me for that as its following the same theme.

PJ10

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to Andy for making the announcement for us. Our web expert tells me that we are already receiving orders from the advance email sent out yesterday and the guys running the Club stand at the Derby Show report a lot of interest and several more orders taken. The Bachmann 37114 is also attracting a lot of interest as we now have a few of the actual production models for display - many thanks to Bachmann for sending these by air-freight in time for the show - the main stock will be here next month.

Thanks for your support.

Mike

MMRG

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to Andy for making the announcement for us. Our web expert tells me that we are already receiving orders from the advance email sent out yesterday and the guys running the Club stand at the Derby Show report a lot of interest and several more orders taken. The Bachmann 37114 is also attracting a lot of interest as we now have a few of the actual production models for display - many thanks to Bachmann for sending these by air-freight in time for the show - the main stock will be here next month.

Thanks for your support.

Mike

MMRG

Hi Mike - didn't get an email and ordered 2 x 37114 via Alex .......... slightly worried you may not have my order now. Can you pm me so i can give you my details and confirm you have my order

Ben

Hi Mike - didn't get an email and ordered 2 x 37114 via Alex .......... slightly worried you may not have my order now. Can you pm me so i can give you my details and confirm you have my order

Ben

Don't worry Ben you're sorted! Didn't have your email that's all, text it me and I'll add it to the list. Alex

I got the advance email yesterday thanks. Can't find the order form on the website, but I've replied to the email to reserve one please.

Thanks! The order form on the website goes live on Monday now I think. Lots of technical stuff to sort out and not enough time as per usual! Alex

• 7 months later...

Quick update for you guys, the projected release date was early January, I've just had an updated schedule from Bachmann saying that the BG will now be hopefully shipped from China during late April owing to their factory changeover and associated things. 

You can pre order now at mmrg exclusives.co.uk ! 

I'll post sample pics soon. 

Alex

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just a little note to say that we now have stock of SOME of the 512 BGs, and a limited number will be available for sale on our stand (MMRG Exclusives) at the Derby Roundhouse exhibition this coming weekend (11th/12th may). These will be available to the general public and those who have pre ordered and wish to collect their model/s in person. After the show we will start sending the remaining models out to existing pre orders as soon as we can. 

So if you want to come and collect or say hello, please do so! We'll be happy to see you. 

The remaining stocks of BGs are currently on the high seas and will be with us in several weeks time, at which point all pre orders will be sorted out asap. Any remaining stocks after that will be put up for general sale on our website mmrgexclusves.co.uk

Rest assured if you have reserved a model, it has your name on it and is still reserved. 

Cheers,

Alex 

Edited by Lochnagar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

The BGs are due in stock tomorrow sometime, and I'll be sorting through orders and packing over the weekend and following week.. If you've ordered one keep an eye out for an email or a call! 

Alex 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Lochnagar said:

The BGs are due in stock tomorrow sometime, and I'll be sorting through orders and packing over the weekend and following week.. If you've ordered one keep an eye out for an email or a call! 

Alex 

Good news Alex. Do you have a feel for how long it will take for you to process the ones that you will weather?

Roy

2 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Good news Alex. Do you have a feel for how long it will take for you to process the ones that you will weather?

Roy

Hi Roy,

Hopefully within a couple of weeks. I think the pre-order payment requests are going out tonight.

Alex

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:38, Lochnagar said:

Hi Roy,

Hopefully within a couple of weeks. I think the pre-order payment requests are going out tonight.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Have the payment requests been sent? If so, I did not receive one. No hurry, I just don't want us waiting on each other.

Thanks,

Roy

On 07/06/2019 at 08:25, Roy Langridge said:

Hi Alex,

Have the payment requests been sent? If so, I did not receive one. No hurry, I just don't want us waiting on each other.

Thanks,

Roy

Not yet, I'm not doing them myself but my fellow club member is it asap.

22 hours ago, 25901 said:

The Kernow site says it's exclusive to the Mickleover Model Railway Group and made by Bachmann so it's the new one.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/65518/39-175W-Bachmann-BR-Mk1-BG-Brake-Gangwayed-QRV-number-ADB977155

Correct, Kernow and a select couple of other retailers have a very limited stock of them as they'll be going to shows around the country where as we won't.. no matter how much advertising you do some people just won't see them on our website, if they're for sale at a show then these people will see it and not miss out!

Pre orders will be sorted out this week, we'll be having a packing session in the next couple of days! 

Alex

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 07/06/2019 at 08:25, Roy Langridge said:

I was involved in doing this for our first loco, 37114 Dunrobin Castle and it took ages because of the way 'Worldpay' was set up - I had to send out 500 individual emails as each one had to have a separate reference number generated by Worldpay so there was no way to send out a bulk email to all customers.

We now have a separate trading website which can take online payments and so I assume you will be directed to use that.

https://mmrgexclusives.co.uk/

Thanks for your support - and to all of our other customers.

Mike

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1