Hi Everyone.

Well I'm at it again building a small goods yard layout.

It's OO gauge, 59cm long x 19cm wide, 37cm being scenic, the rest fiddle yard which can hold a small loco and a short wheelbase wagon.

post-9096-0-09746300-1526147793_thumb.jpg

All track is down and where the wooden block is will be a loading dock ( low releif ) and a bridge will hide the entrance to the fiddle yard, the sidings can hold 2 wagons each ( just ).

The rest will be decided as I go along.

Jerry.

• Like 8

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Jerry i really like the look of this layout mate will be watching with interest.:)

• RMweb Gold

For a moment there I thought you had already finished the 0-4-0 Goods layout!  :)

I like the super-simple trackplan. Will the fiddle yard be worked with a loco lift?

Thanks Everyone for your replies.

I am thinking about using loco lift in the near future as this would make things easier but for now I will just swap stock etc by hand.

The other layout is still being built too, need to visit the model shop when I can to get a few bits first.

I've got a few ideas for how the goods yard will look.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone.

I built a low relief loading platform today which will be placed on the layout.

Here is a photo:

post-9096-0-71967700-1526235622_thumb.jpg

I'm going to add detail such as crates, etc later.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 5

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Jerry nice work on your low relief platform i am a big fan of your railway modelling and can't wait to see more.:)

Hi Jerry

Looks like we are about to be entertained with yet another one of your delightful micro-layouts. Your output is becoming quite prodigious and your skills developing with each of your projects. Can't wait to see more of this one.

Does it connect to your shed layout? That would make for interesting operations.

Regards

Bill

Thank you Bill_J, very kind of you to say so, is that your cat having a cuppa in your signature photo?

( my wife and I are cat fan's ).

The layout was not built to be connected to the shed layout but you have given me an idea for the future, the shed layout may get an extension ;-)

Jerry.

Edited by Jerry1975
  • Like 2

Jerry,

A new model and, as always, a step forward in your skill. Each layout is better and better - great to see.

A little suggestion from me - feel free to ignore - would be to lengthen the back track. That way you can have a 3-2-2 inglenook. I'm currently planning something with pretty much the exact same track plan myself based on the Lilleshall system. I'm also thinking of using a cassette (the Chris Nevard cheap n' easy way).

What sort of setting are you looking at?

Chris

Hi Chris.

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm going to leave the layout as it is as I have it all planned out in my head, it's not based on anywhere just a small yard in the 1960's in a rural setting.

I am going to try and scratch build as much as I can as I want it to look different from kits etc you can buy.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone.

I have done a bit more work on the layout today.

I have started the backscene and I need to find a suitable printed one to stick on although I'm very tempted to do my own.

Nothing is stuck down apart from the track and backscene so that I can move things around until I'm happy.

Here is a photo of how it looks at the moment:

post-9096-0-05874200-1526410245_thumb.jpg

A lot to do yet.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 3

Thank you Bill_J, very kind of you to say so, is that your cat having a cuppa in your signature photo?

( my wife and I are cat fan's ).

The layout was not built to be connected to the shed layout but you have given me an idea for the future, the shed layout may get an extension ;-)

Jerry.

Hi Jerry

Yes, my wife and I are both cat people, 3 persians. The boy is in my photo, he doesn't like shiny things though, so is a bit scared of tools (not a bad thing). The girls like to walk over, or sit on whatever I'm trying to do at the time, so I have to try and make everything somewhat cat-proof.

I like what you've done so far. Good efforts with the scratch building. It makes for unique layouts and is a lot easier on the pocket. (Plus SWMBO can't complain that you're spending too much).

Regards

Billj

• Like 1

Thanks Billj and class73 for your replies and kind words.

Persians are lovely looking cats, with our cat I have to keep the door closed of the modelling room or I will find the cat asleep on the spare baseboards of sitting on the layout.

Hi Class73 and welcome to the forum.

A micro layout is ideal if your short on space or on a budget, also I prefer to build them to larger layouts.

I am glad you have found inspiration from my creations and there are lot of very nice layouts on here.

I've had a spell of illness, those who know me well on here will know I suffer from sleep apnea which is quite a nasty condition and very misunderstood.

I'm feeling a bit better today so hopefully I will be able to do some modelling.

Jerry.

Edited by Jerry1975

Hi Everyone.

I managed to do a bit of modelling today and built a new warehouse out of bits I had laying about.

Here is a photo:

post-9096-0-83179500-1526758509_thumb.jpg

This was made on a thick card base, some free building papers, a downpipe, a sign from a magazine, some left over doors from a kit and a few other bits, its not stuck down yet.

Next is painting and weathering the track.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 3

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Jerry i like your modelled warehouse you never sease to amaze me with your modelling skills. Looking forward to seeing more mate.:)