Cracking job that, Jerry. It fits right in.

Weathering the track next? That’s one of my favourite bits, I just think it lifts a layout... or perhaps I’m just a little bit sad!?!

Keep up the good work!

Hi Everyone.

It's been a busy day so I didn't have much time for modelling but I did manage to make a start on the bridge that hides the exit ( sort of ) to the fiddle yard.

I thought I would show you how I make my low relief building's etc for those who may be interested.

First I get all the measurements I need and transfer these onto stiff card like that on the backs of A4 paper pads etc.

Once cut out ( in the case of the bridge ) it should look like this:

post-9096-0-19893900-1526838577_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow I will show you how I build the rest of it.

More soon.

Jerry.

Ps: I will post a proper " how to " tomorrow.

Edited by Jerry1975
  • Like 5

Guest ShildonShunter

Jerry it's always nice to know how modellers like yourself build things and are always happy to explain and show to other forum member's. Painting the tracks always makes the layout come to life nice progress mate.:)

Hello Jerry I do like the girder bridge you have built a really nice job..

Thanks Class73,

I'm going to try and scratchbuild as much as I can, I'm also trying some different things to what I normally do.

More when I can.

Jerry.

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Jerry really nice modelling on the girder bridge all coming together nicely. Wishing you a speedy recovery Jerry.:)

Thanks Kevin.

I managed to go to the Bridlington show and I got a few bits for the layout, these will be added tomorrow as I'm very tired now.

I also had a chat with Steve ( catte lane ) and saw his excellent American layout.

Jerry.

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Jerry pleaded you had a good time I'm off to shildon next weekend as it's their model railway exhibition and plenty of trade stands too. Get yourself some well earned rest mate.;)

Thanks Kevin.

I have been resting today, taking it easy reading some of the free mags I got yesterday at the Bridlington show.

I got a few bits yesterday too so I will add these tomorrow.

Jerry.

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Jerry your layout is taking shape nicely mate and I'm looking forward to seeing your next update.:)

Thanks Everyone for your replies.

As you may have read health issues are affecting my daily life including modelling, what I was hoping was going to be a simple build is now a as and when sort of build.

Hopefully I will be able to do a bit more soon, also I will take a better photo.

Jerry.

Hi everyone.

I have been feeling slightly better today so I have been messing about with photos of buildings etc for a backscene, this is still ongoing but I'm getting there.

I will post a photo when I have finished it.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 2

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Jerry so pleased you are feeling a little better mate and will be looking forward to see your next update.;)