Exeter 2018

stadman

• 1 month later...

As it getting close to the date, I thought I'd bump this up a bit as Blowers Green is going to be in attendence at the Exe MRS show, Saturday 30th June & Sunday 1st July 2018, at the Matford Centre, Exeter, It's farthest west showing to date. 

Blowers Green, looking from over Dudley Tunnel.

post-7146-0-27056500-1528966177_thumb.jpg

37029 on short steel service.

post-7146-0-06011800-1528966262_thumb.jpg

Blowers Green, station end. (although the station building that will go on the road bridge hasn't been built yet)!

post-7146-0-93765000-1528966399_thumb.jpg

08083 pauses for breath.

post-7146-0-23170100-1528966467_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to the show, especially with the new control panels in place.

Paul J.

Edited to add the date.

Edited by Swindon 123
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Kev

Could I suggest putting a date in the thread title and perhaps some details of the show in your opening post too?

In the meantime, here's the text extracted from the website...

EXE MRS Exhibition

Saturday 30th June – Sunday 1st July 2018

The Matford Centre, Matford Road, Marsh Barton, Exeter, Devon, EX2 8FD

Opening times

Saturday 10:00 – 17:00

Sunday 10:00 – 16:00

Admission

Adults £7

Concessions £7

Children FREE when accompanied by a paying adult.

Disabled Access.

Free Parking.

Restaurant.

Nearest Railway Stations

Exeter St Davids (2.8 miles)

Exeter Central (2.1 miles)

Exeter St Thomas (1.6 miles)

Digby & Sowton (2.4 miles)

Attending Layouts, Trade & Demonstrations

Layouts

Kingswear, 2mm Finescale.

Long Reach, N Gauge.

Little Aller Junction, N Gauge.

Tops Tor, N Gauge.

Toy Train to Model Railway, N Gauge.

Otterhampton, N Gauge.

Engram, (Various Layouts) N Gauge.

Swoons Group, (Various Layouts) 009.

Hemyock, EM Gauge.

Owestry Road, OO Gauge.

Exmouth, OO Gauge.

Stanhope Brewery, OO Gauge.

Wheal Anna, OO Gauge.

Forest Green, OO Gauge.

Shunting Puzzle, OO Gauge.

Westwood Yard, OO Gauge.

Isca Road, OO Gauge.

Lambourne, OO Gauge.

Franwood TMD, OO Gauge.

Camlas, OO Gauge.

Hanoverian & Victorian Trains, OO Gauge.

Hornby Double O (3 Rail), OO Gauge.

Jillsburgh Sub, HO Gauge (Canadian National).

Andea Mark 3, HO Gauge.

Bahnbetriebswerk Dugelsau, HO Gauge.

Thorn Lea, O Gauge.

Ostrava, O Gauge.

Godshill, O Gauge.

Blowers Green Wagon Repair Yard, O Gauge.

Kinderbahnn, G Scale.

Additional Layouts to be advised.

Trade

The Model Shop. (Exeter)

Weston Models.

Severn Models.

Attwood Aggregates.

Country Park Models.

Railroom Electronics.

Wessex Wagon’s.

Finnishing Touches.

David Smith Books.

A B C Model Railways.

Rob Doidge Railwayana.

Craft Made Signals.

RCTS.

Exe MRS Sales INCLUDES (Second Hand Books, Magazines, DVD’s and Model Railways)

Additional Trade to be advised.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Always a good show, I was there with Canute Road Quay last year and this year will be manning the South Western Circle stand that will be making its first appearance at the show. http://www.lswr.org/

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 2

There is quite a lot of “local” interest with Kingswear, Hemyock and Exemouth on display. My contribution is Little Aller Junction which I call a caricature of the real Aller Junction. Probably going to run 1963 one day and 1968 the other.

post-12189-0-79867100-1529602381_thumb.jpeg

My new Revolution tank wagons are have been toned down a bit ready for the show

post-12189-0-00996300-1529602763_thumb.jpeg

Sometimes we add sound, but not all the time.

And sometimes (usually when youngsters are watching) we just let em roll..

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to this, just a heads up that the Let's Rock Exeter festival is happening Saturday so there may well be more traffic around the area that day...!

Edited by Ramblin Rich

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to this, just a heads up that the Let's Rock Exeter festival is happening Saturday so there may well be more traffic around the area that day...!

Right, so it's a case of either contend with that on the Saturday or the car boot sale on the Sunday!

As it getting close to the date, I thought I'd bump this up a bit as Blowers Green is going to be in attendence at the Exe MRS show, Saturday 30th June & Sunday 1st July 2018, at the Matford Centre, Exeter, It's farthest west showing to date.

Blowers Green, looking from over Dudley Tunnel.

attachicon.gifIMG_2742.JPG

37029 on short steel service.

attachicon.gifIMG_2752.JPGp

Looks like worth going to Exeter just for this layout, looks great.

Blowers Green, station end. (although the station building that will go on the road bridge hasn't been built yet)!

attachicon.gifIMG_2754.JPG

08083 pauses for breath.

attachicon.gif08083 try 1.jpg

Looking forward to the show, especially with the new control panels in place.

Paul J.

Edited to add the date.

Worth going to Exeter show for this layout. Looks great Edited by owentherail

• RMweb Gold

What's the venue for the festival, please.

It's Powderham Castle, so traffic will be heading along the A379 towards Dawlish. Might be slow around Matford / Marsh Barton. Shown as starting 11.00am so I imagine people will be arriving before to grab a good spot

Edited by Ramblin Rich

• RMweb Premium

It's Powderham Castle, so traffic will be heading along the A379 towards Dawlish. Might be slow around Matford / Marsh Barton. Shown as starting 11.00am so I imagine people will be arriving before to grab a good spot

Hopefully not too much of a problem coming up from Plimuff.

• RMweb Gold

I had a very good day here. 5 hours says it all! A very decent venue, with oodles of space and excellent catering, and a chance to chat with several RMwebbers. £7 was an entirely reasonable fee for so much entertainment, too.

I always hesitate to pick out a layout, because as at most shows there were many worthy of merit, but Exmouth seemed to have it by a short head for me. Andeer intrigued me, with DCC operation being shown at its very best, and a particularly friendly crew who offered me driver’s rights. I also enjoyed Jillsburgh for the same DCC reason, and Dragon’s Den for packing a lot of fun operation into a compact and scenic area.

I bought a few things, including a book by George Reeve which I then got him to sign, and Graham Muz had no great difficulty in getting me to take a membership form for the South Western Circle.

A most friendly and well organised show, thankyou Exe MRS.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I had a good wander round with Nathan in tow. As usual, the things I wanted to look at didn't always keep N's attention but he enjoyed the 2 shunting puzzles and worked things out fairly well. I did like Hemyock, Blowers Green and Exmouth.

My contribution is Little Aller Junction which I call a caricature of the real Aller Junction. Probably going to run 1963 one day and 1968 the oter.

We both enjoyed Little Aller Junction, particularly when trains were synchronised with full train sound effects (not on board but recording of actual trains). Thanks to the owner for letting N operate some sound effects and trains, I think it was the highlight of the day for him! :) Edited by Ramblin Rich
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It was great to see Little Aller Junction and Hemyock but I think my unexpected favourite was Kingswear - arguably the most fully realised model.

The other thing that really caught my eye was the steam railmotor on the Exe MRS layout ("Isca Road", I think). Lovely.

I also had a good trip to Exeter.

I have seen Blowers Green before but really enjoyed the selection of wagonry on show.

I also particularly liked Kingswear, Exmouth and Little Aller Junction, they all capture the spirit of places I know,

cheers

• RMweb Gold

Always an enjoyable and sociable event for us in these parts. Spent a lot of time catching up with old pals, acquaintances and some of the usual suspects.

A few phone snaps.

These were my two favourites.

Hemyock, delightfully portrayed.

post-6728-0-86351400-1530439718_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-42425500-1530439995_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-73630300-1530440090_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-48687000-1530440151_thumb.jpg

Kingswear, the lovely 'railway in a landscape' in 2mm FS which has lasted well as a testament to Mervyn Seal its builder and it's my home village. A nice touch for me was that the old family home is portrayed on the backscene!

post-6728-0-86091200-1530440336_thumb.jpg

Approaching Britannia Halt. It's a shame that it was removed by the T & D some years ago now. 

post-6728-0-36872300-1530440435_thumb.jpg

Passing Hoodown Siding

post-6728-0-83724800-1530440724_thumb.jpg

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

and Graham Muz had no great difficulty in getting me to take a membership form for the South Western Circle.

A most friendly and well organised show, thankyou Exe MRS.

Me too!

Many thanks to all at Exeter for another excellent show.

Brian

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Agreed, another great Exeter Show.  I was helping on the Exeter Gauge 0 Group stand, which seems to get bigger every year.  We started off with one table several years ago, I think we had six this time!

Cheers, Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Another, good show from the Exeter boys. There was some great modelling on show, the presentation and ambience of Stanhope Brewery was inspirational even though there appeared to be some operational problems. Kingswear is a great layout, that's let down a bit by old Farish rolling stock, that's well past its sell by date. Hemyock is another very nice layout. Top Tor was a little bit different from the norm, in being a layout covered in snow and N gauge as well.

• Like 1

Another, good show from the Exeter boys. There was some great modelling on show, the presentation and ambience of Stanhope Brewery was inspirational even though there appeared to be some operational problems. Kingswear is a great layout, that's let down a bit by old Farish rolling stock, that's well past its sell by date. Hemyock is another very nice layout. Top Tor was a little bit different from the norm, in being a layout covered in snow and N gauge as well.

Strangely this little diorama did catch my eye and having spoken with the exhibitor ( operating with his son ) as a first attempt I thought it gave a good impression of a bleak winters day on Dartmoor. As he told me, it was a first attempt and gave him great satisfaction with "play" value in his downtime with the ability to just watch his stock run.

Modellers like this chap need positive feedback and encouragement in my view and was happy to make that known to him. 

Oh ! And he likes Panniers too !!!

I also enjoyed my chat with Steve operating Stanhope Brewery which I agree is quite inspirational coupled with excellent modelling, there are some nice layouts coming out of the Plymouth Club and I'm surprised they don't appear at more exhibitions.

All in all another good show well done to EXEMRS once again.

G

• Like 1