Bachman LNER Thompson Teak Coaches.

GoGoffa

I have just received the Thompson teak coaches, Has anyone fitted the extra detail bits, where do they all go?

I note that the bogie assemblies have pickups. Is there lighting kits? Who from and how do I fit them if they are available?

Cheers

I note that the bogie assemblies have pickups. Is there lighting kits? Who from and how do I fit them if they are available?

There isn't a lighting kit from Bachmann; it's just that the coaches use common components with other coaching stock which do have the pickups for lighting. I haven't seen any aftermarket products (yet) specifically for them but it should be easy to wire up LED strips to them.

I also have a rake of these now, I think you will find that the 'extra bits' are Brake & Heating connection pipes along with a dummy Knuckle coupler & a close 'gap' coupling. If you look at the end of the carriage we`ll see holes for the pipes & the Coupler - I`d only use them on the end brake carriage as they really should be joined up between all the carriages on the train.

I also intend to put lights in my rake - I have done so with the earlier Portholes and its pretty easy if you have any skill with a soldering iron - just do a  bit of search  on the Net